jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Elvis or The Beatles?

1. jessefutch profile image55
    jessefutchposted 5 years ago

Elvis or The Beatles?

Legend tells you that you can tell a lot about a person by asking them this simple question. Are you an Elvis person or a Beatles person?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I never really cared much for Elvis. I liked his music but thought he was kind of creepy. I love the Beatles.  When they came on the scene, I was a young teen and thought they were cool.

1. jessefutch profile image55
      jessefutchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

They say people who are more Beatles than Elvis are livelier and more free spirited. While I have to admit that I'm more Beatles than Elvis, there are certain traits that legend tells us Elvis folks have that are good ones too!

3. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

For me it's the Beatles, but I really think it's more of a generational thing. Elvis was more for my mom's generation. In my teen years I knew Elvis more for his cheezy movies than his music.

4. byshea profile image86
    bysheaposted 5 years ago

I love the Beatles.  Though I think Elvis is cool, I was introduced to the Beatles by an older brother and have collected all their work.  I think I have two Elvis CD's.

5. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I enjoyed the Beatles much better because they put a lot of thought in their lyrics.  Elvis was just fun, bold and with an unique dance style.  He was like a sex symbol with no real meaning in his lyrics.

6. Sue St. Clair profile image73
    Sue St. Clairposted 5 years ago

I appreciate Elvis and enjoy much of his music. Although I enjoy, my favorite between the two remains the Fab Four from Liverpool. Having grown up in the South, where Elvis is revered, his music is often a bridge between generations. I remember my grandmother having an album of his hymns which added to his wide appeal.

For my own listening pleasure, there is still nothing like the Beatles. Although my favorite album of theirs is often changing, they are still my preference.

working