jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If there was no Elvis, or Jerry Lee Lewis, would there ever been the Beatles?

1. yankeeintexas profile image59
    yankeeintexasposted 7 years ago

If there was no Elvis, or Jerry Lee Lewis, would there ever been the Beatles?

Just a fun question that I thought of tonight as I watched my children playing Beatles Rock Band.

2. Pollyannalana profile image87
    Pollyannalanaposted 7 years ago

Maybe they liked these two but I hear no Elvis or Jerry Lee in anything they did. Elvis is said to have modeled his voice from black soul singers, I think it puts a love of music but nothing copycat. Not that I hear anyway, and I have been my whole life into music.

3. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

In many ways, I don't think so but at the same time it is all relative.  The Beatles were somewhat a function of the influences of the people you cited. If those people had never existed, perhaps the Beatles would have but fame might have alluded them.  I think it is reasonable to say that there was a butt-load of talent in Lennon, McCartney ,and to some degree, Harrison.  On that basis, even without the influences they just might have found a way to achieve a fairly high level of success in the music industry even if their style went in another direction.  It is not a total case of dominoes in which one talent is totally hinged on another in the music industry. WB

4. zzron profile image55
    zzronposted 6 years ago

Yes because Little Richard claimed in an interview once that he should have been named The King of Rock and Roll instead of Elvis.