jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What Book Should Be Made Into A Movie?

1. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

What Book Should Be Made Into A Movie?

What is a great book that you have read that you think should be turned into a movie and why?

2. hopped profile image85
    hoppedposted 5 years ago

It blows my mind that Cloud Atlas has been adapted to film.  If you'd asked me, I'd have said it was unfilmable.  I appreciate the ambition, but it seems nuts!

As long as we're going ambitious, though, I'd love to see Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell make it to film.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Quite a few. 
    Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan, Story of post apocalyptic society dealing with hoards of zombies, having walled in their cities etc.  Typical zombie story but she writes so well.

Enclave by Ann Aguirre, again post apocalyptic society about a teen warrior living in an underground society.  She and her hunting partner are banished topside for some infraction.  They have to struggle to survive, and learn a lot about themselves in the process.  One of the best books I have read.  And Book 2, The Outpost was even better.

And my favorite all time book written during World War II by Mary Lasswell, Suds in Your Eye.  A story of 3 very unique and eccentric ladies move in together in one lady's junk yard.  They band together to survive hard times.  The book is funny and charming and with the right casting would make a wonderful movie.

4. pearlmacb profile image72
    pearlmacbposted 5 years ago

The Alchemist!....adventure, mystical, and with loads of special effects it would be a hit! big_smile

5. Cardia profile image95
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

'North Child' by Edith Pattou was one of my favourite books for a long time. It was well written, and I could imagine most of the scenes quite easily. It'd be wonderful to see it on a screen sometime!