jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do some people like music and would listen to it all day, and others care fo

1. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

Why do some people like music and would listen to it all day, and others care for it not at all?

How are our tastes for certain kinds of music formed?  Does this happen in childhood, adolescence, teen age years, or young adulthood or as adults?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I've wondered this myself. I'm a music geek, I spend a good chunk of my time collecting and listening to CDs, buying music magazines and other related junk, and chatting with fellow fans on several Internet forums catering to my tastes.

My wife, on the other hand, doesn't have much interest in it at all. I own almost 1000 CDs, she owns maybe 100, tops, and even those don't get listened to very much. As a matter of fact, my brother bought her a new Carrie Underwood CD for Christmas in 2010 and it's sitting here on the desk, still in the shrink wrap, as I type this.

She says I'm "music geeky enough for the both of us."

3. Alecia Murphy profile image80
    Alecia Murphyposted 5 years ago

I think music is like any other interest or hobby is a choice. I personally love listening and learning about music but other people don't take the same interest. On the flip side, I don't have the same interest in sports that alot of people do. I just think it's a matter of personal preference.

4. ixwa profile image84
    ixwaposted 5 years ago

I went to the extend of running my own web radio which can be found on these coordinates:

Listening to this station called FASTTRACKS, which is culled from any type of recorded thingy, will give you the idea of music and the love I have for it. I do not get paid for it, I do it out of the love of music. I also like many things about life and sports and so on. But music comes first.. Cassette, Vinyl, CD (I really do not like downloaded music-Vinyl is my first preference, and I also use YouTube to record some of the music I have lost over the years on MP3- some have good sound quality.. I love music, and you can join me listening to all types of genres on the station link above... I also have Hubs written about music If you have time, check them out...