jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What qualities are missing in today's celebrities that celebrities of Hollywood'

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

What qualities are missing in today's celebrities that celebrities of Hollywood's Golden Age

possessed?

2. TeaPartyCrasher profile image71
    TeaPartyCrasherposted 5 years ago

A sense of class. 
    Or is it just that we see what in the past was able to be kept confidential?

3. PAPA-BEAR profile image61
    PAPA-BEARposted 5 years ago

Todays celebs are perhaps not unlike the celebs of Hollywoods Golden Age. What is different is that if they sneeze it is front page news for TMZ and the other odd press, in the days of The Golden Age that sneeze would have taken weeks to gat a mention. Celebs today do not handle themselves at all well for the media, they miss the mark of a real celeb, rely heavily on poor judgment and bad taste. In truth as well, most people now could not care less about them, The Golden Age has gone.

4. Marcus99 profile image59
    Marcus99posted 5 years ago

They talk. That is the root of all of their evil. They talk. Oh, and, Giggity.

5. profile image0
    alwaysamberposted 5 years ago

They try to act too over-the-top...from the way that they dress, to their attitudes. Most of them are not genuine.

6. ithabise profile image86
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

Celebrities are an odd sort today. Many are famous simply...because they are famous? Oh well. I think one detraction about (some of) these people is their attitude of entitlement. I am happy for anyone's success and the reward to their hard work. But that's where all of us succeed in life--by our hard work and not thinking others owe us something. And then many forget where they've come from or do the dumbest things to keep themselves in trouble when they've got everything they ever wished for. Today's celebrities could really gain by becoming true stars again.

7. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 5 years ago

Well I think most said it, in the past, you did not see everything they did all over the media like you do today.

Their privacy was more respected which is well deserved with everyone not just celebrities.

However back in the good ole day, they were real, genuine and portrayed a well adjusted life for themselves. Sure they had their day like they do today however it was more hidden.

Today most are phoney, greedy and what they look like are not even them.

Hair extensions, fake noses, wigs for every performance, bust enhancements,
    losing weight through tummy tucks and what not, face lifts and such. You get he picture.

Someone once said, if all the celebrities in Hollywood that got something done would go on vacation, the place would be empty.

Maybe they should consider a little more of trying to change the world then their looks.

They complain a lot about the pap or the media but then they do something to stay famous and rich. (in the spotlight) Most of them like the attention and like I said not genuine.

What I despise the most, they go around asking others to help with the underfed children or to heal the world or to send donations, why dont they keep their mouths shut and do it themselves.

working