jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Ladies...would you stop shaving your armpits if celebs all stopped shaving their

1. kerbev profile image68
    kerbevposted 3 years ago

Ladies...would you stop shaving your armpits if celebs all stopped shaving theirs?

2. Wendy L Henderson profile image67
    Wendy L Hendersonposted 3 years ago

No way. I am not comfortable with hairy armpits. I think smooth is sexy.

3. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Too late! I have such sparse body hair that I never have to shave my legs, and only do my armpits once or twice during the summer.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

No because I don't do anything only because that's what celebrities are doing. To paraphrase my mom's favorite question, "If all the celebrities jumped off the bridge, would you?" Too many women - especially teenagers and young adults - are basing their perception of beauty on an image that isn't possible for most of us to obtain. If hairy armpits were the "in thing", these women would have low self-esteem because their hair isn't long enough, it's the wrong color, or something.

5. Emma Lindhagen profile image90
    Emma Lindhagenposted 3 years ago

I haven't shaved my armpits for about 5 years. I find shaving incredibly uncomfortable and just not worth the hassle, and I disagree with the notion that only hairless women can be beautiful. Celebrities and their choices didn't play into my decision to start, or stop, shaving. That being said, it would be nice to see more celebrities go against the social norms for body hair if that was their true preference.