jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Are The Most Expensive Guitars You Can Buy?

1. PhoenixV profile image75
    PhoenixVposted 4 years ago

2. Lorne Hemmerling profile image91
    Lorne Hemmerlingposted 4 years ago

This is a loaded question, my friend! If you are asking about vintage guitars, some early Gibsons, Fenders, Martins, etc., can cost well over a hundred thousand dollars. One of my students who is very rich and a guitar collector, has brought some of these models into lessons. If you are talking about new models, the same companies (Gibson, Fender and Martin), put out some very pricey state of the art products. Usually signature models (guitars, where the artist themselves, have either had a say in the design, or designed the guitar from the ground up), are the most expensive from all manufacturers. Steve Vai's Gems from Ibanez, Eric Clapton Signature Strats from Fender, Slash's Signature Les Pauls from Gibson, all cost quite a bit, but still no where near the cost of some of the vintage models. Let's put it this way: if your guitar cost more than your houseā€¦...

3. collinmorrison profile image60
    collinmorrisonposted 4 years ago

Certain gibson guitars run at a very high ticket price. I have seen some acoustics for $30,000. Autographed or authentic guitars such as a guitar played by slash or one that was featured in a music video would also run at a very high price.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago

A brand new Martin D-100 costs around one hundred thousand dollars.  I do not know of another new instrument that costs so much, but there is likely one out there somewhere.

Here's you a look at the Martin D-100 deluxe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF5Nk_NaV2g

In used guitars, Lorne Hemmerling is very very right - sometimes there are auctions for a guitar that someone like John Lennon used to own, and they can bring half a million dollars even though the guitar itself is nothing really special.

working