jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Who was the greatest Hitchcock blonde?

1. Tim Quam profile image60
    Tim Quamposted 5 years ago

Who was the greatest Hitchcock blonde?

Cool blonde actresses were as much a part of the Alfred Hitchcock signature as his walk-on appearances in his movies.  Who was the prototypical Hitchcock blonde?  Ingrid Bergman? Doris Day? Tippie Hedren? Grace Kelly?  Janet Leigh? Kim Novak?  Eva Marie Saint?

2. John Sarkis profile image83
    John Sarkisposted 5 years ago

Janet Leigh...hands down.  These days, most people under 30 may not even know who Hitchcock was, however, just about everyone and their grandmother - regardless of age - is familiar "Psycho's" shower scene!...

3. Kevina Oyatedor profile image68
    Kevina Oyatedorposted 5 years ago

The only ones I know of was Janet Leigh and Tippi Hedren. I did not know Doris Day worked with him. I also did not know that Tippi Hedren was in the Movie 'I Heart Huckabees'.

4. Mighty Mom profile image84
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Great question and hard to separate out the leading lady from the movie.
    Having just seen a biopic about how Hitch sexually harassed Tippi and torture her in the filming of The Birds, plus having a soft spot for Bodega Bay, I vote for Tippi.
    Janet Leigh in a class by herself.
    Ingrid Bergman is great -- and mysterious -- in Notorious.
    I cannot stand Kim Novak. Eva Marie Saint not my fave either, but North By Northwest also has hunky CG onand creepy James Mason, so you gotta love it!!

5. Jlbowden profile image90
    Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago

I liked Kim Novak, in Hitchcock's Vertigo. However I believe Janet Leigh is a much better actress, at least when you compare her to the popular Hitchcock suspense movies. I also really enjoyed Raymond Burr as far as male actors go. And playing the part as a murderer, in rear window, with Jimmy Stewart.

6. priley84 profile image94
    priley84posted 5 years ago

I'll go out on a limb and say Grace Kelly. Her introduction in Rear Window was just FABULOUS!!!! big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile