jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

If your daughter wants to enter the entertainment business, would you advise her

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

If your daughter wants to enter the entertainment business, would you advise her to be a model

and/or to enter beauty pageants either local and/or statewide?  Oftentimes when girls/young women are models(fashion models), if successful, they gain exposure and also establish contacts that will help them become actresses, singers, and/or related careers.  The same with beauty pageants. It is FAR EASIER for a successful model and/or beauty pageant winner to enter the entertainment business because of the massive exposure than it would be for an UNKNOWN.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Probably not. The modeling and beauty pageant industries are full of creeps, ripoff artists and weirdos.

gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

So are many other professions and routes.However,if one wishes to enter modeling and/or beauty pageants,research MUST be done to find an agency or a company that is reputable such as Ford Modeling and the Miss America pageant or other local pageants.

3. dashingme profile image73
    dashingmeposted 4 years ago

For me, yes if I see my daughter’s potential I will support and guide her. It's time for her to shine and experience the fun of joining.
    It's a decision or agreement between parents and daughter.

Advantage is their personality and self-esteem will develop because of exposure. Makes them feel mature, independent and brave to be a good model to others when they get succeed.
    There’s is a lot of reason why girls want's pageant or modeling. Some enter pageants because their friends or family encourage them, others because their classmates are doing it. And many girls are lured by the enticing prizes, hefty scholarships and visions of future fame. It really depends to the parents on how they support their young teenage now a days.

gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Agreed,modeling and entering beauty pageants,notably Miss America,is an EXCELLENT way for a young woman to gain exposure and confidence.  Models&pageant winners have ADVANTAGE regarding the entertainment business that those who were not, don't ha

2. dashingme profile image73
      dashingmeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, youre right!.. thank you for selecting me as  the best answer. I appreciate that. All the best to you gmwilliams

4. chucky1291 profile image61
    chucky1291posted 4 years ago

i've talked about this with my girlfriend. and we decided that we would support our daughter no matter what. if she ends up having bad luck, then we will be there for her. we even said that if turns out gay or bi, we would still support her.

working