jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Has anyone watched the satorially dysfunctional 80s television show

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Has anyone watched the satorially dysfunctional 80s television show

MARRIED WITH CHILDREN?  This show was the total antithesis of the 1950s and early 1960s television shows.  In this television show, the husband/father is an extremely disgruntled shoe salesperson, the wife/mother is a gadabout who really just does not care, the son is the only seemingly normal one, and the daughter is "extremely popular" with the boys and intellectually challenged.  They JUST BARELY tolerate each other at the most.

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

The show was very popular and was on the air at FOX for about 11 years. One thing you left out was the wife always wanted sex from her husband who apparently saw it as another chore to be avoided at all cost.  Ironically it outlasted shows like "The Cosby Show", "Family Ties", and "Growing Pains" from the 80s. The guy who played the husband/father on "Married With Children" is now on the hit show: "Modern Family" on ABC.
    Trivia: Michael G. Moye one of the creators of Married With Children is an African American. He had written for shows such as The Jeffersons, Diff'rent Strokes, and Good Times. Michael and his co-creator for "Married With Children", Ron Leavitt are often credited for saving Fox Telivision who was at that time a struggling network.

1. gmwilliams profile image87
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes, Peggy was quite an unhappy woman in many ways, especially in the sexual area.Al Bundy was in suburban hell with his BEST and GLORY days BEHIND him.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Of course I watched it. Kelly Bundy was every teenage metalhead dork's dream girl back in the late 80s!!

4. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Yes. It is still on in the early mornings. My husband and I get a few laughs out of it every now and again. Also, most of the seasons are on Netflix. At least, I believe so.

5. profile image0
    rmcmillenposted 4 years ago

This has been & always will be one of my favorite shows ever! In their 11 year run there are no episodes I haven't seen dozens of times over. Peg is the most pure example of the anti-house wife. Bud/Grand Master B as he proclaims himself in a few episodes THINKS he is gods gift to women, but can't get a girl... then when he does the family never believes him.... and Kelly? Well.... she is the walking/ talking epitome of "dumb blond" for the most part.... and Al? Well.... The things I have learned from Al "4 touchdowns in a single game" Bundy have stuck with me to this day.... and because of him I end this e-mail with one thing to say.

"Hooters. Hooters. Yum-yum-yum...... Hooters. Hooters on a girl that's dumb"

1. profile image0
      rmcmillenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I've have a vote as the best answer already?... In the not so immortal words of Al... GREAT CEASER'S GHOST! ........ and remember, its not so much that life passed me by so much as it sat on my head. (I ripped that off from Al as well, but oh well)

2. gmwilliams profile image87
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

One can say that Peggy Bundy is the anti-Edith Bunker!

6. auspicious12day profile image61
    auspicious12dayposted 4 years ago

I still watch the Bundy's on late night TV.  They were dysfunctional but you knew they were united when they all gathered together as a family and shouted, "Yeah Bundy"!!