jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Who are the most under-rated actors on the big screen?

1. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Who are the most under-rated actors on the big screen?

These are the actors and actresses you wish you could see more of because they always give stunning performances. They may not be huge box-office stars or paparratzi magnets but they are stellar in their craft. I would like to see more of Diane Lane, Angela Bassett, Tim Robbins, and Sanaa Lathan.

2. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

Without giving it much thought, I'm saying David Morse. I mentioned this to my wife the other day when 16 Blocks was on TV for the umpteenth time. It doesn't matter how mediocre the source material is, he elevates it with great, solid performances.

There are probably others more underrated, but that's the first one that came to mind, probably because I was talking about him recently.

1. janshares profile image97
      jansharesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You're right, we should see more of him. Good choice, thanks for answering.

2. IslandBites profile image89
      IslandBitesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree!

3. EJ Lambert profile image73
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

To me it is Ethan Hawke.  I really don't think the guy has ever gotten enough credit for his work.  He's sat back and watched other actors who aren't as talented get all the biggest roles.  Meanwhile he has starred in some of the most unforgettable films of all time:  White Fang, Dead Poets Society, Reality Bites, Before Sunrise (whose sequel currently in theaters is receiving high praise too), Gattaca, Training Day, Before The Devil Knows Your Dead, the highly underrated Daybreakers, and a rather surprising horror film Sinister.  That is an impressive list and yet nobody talks about the guy.  A real shame.