jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Which is your favorite anime movie?

1. David Trujillo profile image87
    David Trujilloposted 4 years ago

Which is your favorite anime movie?

Just got back into an anime fad after like 10 years. From the days of Akira and Samurai Shamploo I have missed a lot. What is your current anime film to watch it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8000103_f260.jpg

2. Souther29 profile image80
    Souther29posted 4 years ago

I've always liked Ninja Scroll but my favourite series/movie will always be Fist of The North Star. The intensity of it, all the various boss characters, some of the humour and even the hand drawn art style... all works well for me.

Also I always enjoy anything by Studio Ghibli like Howl's Moving Castle or Spirited Away. Very different contrasts I know but my tastes are pretty varied in most things.

David Trujilloposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hadn´t heard of Fist of the North Star. Will donwload. Howl´s Moving Castle rocks. I have watched all of Studio Ginli, all but their latest film

2. Souther29 profile image80
      Souther29posted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's good..set in an apocalyptic world and follows the story of Kenshiro. The anime is 120 episodes+ but there is quite a good film available. It's quite violent so as long as you're ok with this then you will enjoy.

3. Chris Qu profile image94
    Chris Quposted 4 years ago

Spirited Away is my personal favorite. I consider it to be a near perfect film. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is only half-a-notch lower in quality, but it's the follow-up to a series, and can't be appreciated (or understood) on its own.

Ghost in the Shell is also an absolute classic.

As you have already explored the works of Miyazaki, and the other Ghibli films, I recommend checking out directors such as Makoto Shinkai, and Satoshi Kon to see if you like them.

I know I replied with a bunch, but anything you check out from this list will be good stuff, I promise.

Thanks,

I´ll come back to search some films of these direcors. Great help!

4. profile image0
    hlwarposted 4 years ago

Akira is definitely one of my all-time favorites!

I also loved Sword of the Stranger. It was a simple, subtle story told very beautifully with quality artwork, voices, soundtrack, and the best choreographed sword battle ever!

I just saw sword of the stranger like 2 months ago. It was good.

working