This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you prefer mainstream movies or indie films?

1. The Jet profile image78
    The Jetposted 5 years ago

Do you prefer mainstream movies or indie films?

And why?

2. Souther29 profile image80
    Souther29posted 5 years ago

To be difficult I like both styles in their own ways.

Mainstream films often have some of my favourite actors or focus on established franchises that I really enjoy (Dark Knight, Hangover, Anchorman etc).

However I alson really like Indie films such as non mainstream Kung Fu films (Dragons Forever, Shaolin Wooden Men, Banlieue 13) French films (La Haine, Taxi) and I think with Indie films or less mainstream films you can have often a much richer experience and completely let the film envelope you because they are normally shot in unique ways or have unique themes often not explored in a Blockbuster film.

3. Willsummerdreamer profile image86
    Willsummerdreamerposted 5 years ago

Can't say that I really have a preference. If its good, I'll watch it.

4. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 5 years ago

I prefer good films. Doesn't matter the nature of their development, as long as they're good.

5. profile image0
    Michelle Widmannposted 5 years ago

I refuse to base my enjoyment of something off of how popular it is or how it was made. If it is good quality, or a film I think I would gain something from watching, I'll watch it.

working