What is the greatest Disney movie of all time?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)
  1. EJ Lambert profile image71
    EJ Lambertposted 10 years ago

What is the greatest Disney movie of all time?

Nobody would dare ask this question in a group.  So I will pose it to the HubPages universe.  To all my Disney fanatics:  I dare you to torture your brain and pick the movie you believe best represents what makes the Disney franchise greater than the rest.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8028016_f260.jpg

2. RachaelLefler profile image91
    RachaelLeflerposted 10 years ago

I would say Mulan. It used a cunning integration of CG and animation that was cutting-edge at the time. It shows how much research Disney does for it's shows. It also had memorable, good characters, and what made it historically inaccurate (the "real" Mulan was more badass but less relate-able), also only helped make it a better kid's movie. I also really love the music and in particular Jackie Chan's rendition in Chinese of "I'll Make a Man Out of You". It's also one of Disney's most successful in my opinion at being feminist and showing a different cultural perspective than white/European. The other movie that does these things well would be Princess and the Frog.

EJ Lambertposted 10 years agoin reply to this

An under-the-radar but intriguing choice.  I always felt Mulan never gets the credit it deserved because it came out at the tail end of the "hand drawn" era right before Pixar came on the scene.  Nice choice.

3. kereeves3 profile image80
    kereeves3posted 10 years ago

The Lion King would be my pick.  Although The Little Mermaid is my favorite because I grew up singing the songs and watching it constantly, The Lion King is an overall masterpiece.  The story is loosely based on Shakespeare, and it is visually stunning.  I feel like everybody knows and loves the music, too.  The Lion King teaches viewers (mainly children) the importance of courage, loyalty, and friendship.

1. RachaelLefler profile image91
      RachaelLeflerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I like the Lion King, and it also has one of the best sequels. Disney doesn't have the best track record with those.

2. EJ Lambert profile image71

In terms of commercial success and overall brilliance, you may have the one.  Everything came together from the blend of animation to the music and the voice acting.  There was no inherent flaw anyone could find with the movie.

4. stars439 profile image59
    stars439posted 10 years ago

For me it was a movie about Davy Crockett, king of the wild frontier. Fess Parker was Davy. Davy fought at the Alamo. Davy was a congressman. Davy wrestled a bear when he was only three. I got a BB gun for my Christmas present, and it had a scope.
    I could not crank my Daisy BB rifle. At six years old I would run all the way back home from the woods so that my big brother could crank my BB gun.
    I hated it when Santa Anna's army of thousands killed Jim Bowie, and Davy Crokett at the Alamo.
    They were brave Americans.Every American in the Alamo was brave.
    Oh Well ! That movie must be at least over sixty years old. It was the best movie ever made in the Universe, and Walt Disney, and Donald Duck, and Mickey mouse, and the Micky mouse club was cool. Everyone else's answers are cool too. I like the Lion King, and a lot of Disney movies.

Age is just a state of mind.  Davy is a forgotten classic kids today should know about.  In fact a lot of movies from that era get overlooked because of the animated features.

5. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 10 years ago

My personal favorite is Aladdin. But I can see cases being made for The Lion King, or some of the early ones like Snow White.

Aladdin is an excellent choice, part of what I call the "Elite Four" during the 1990s.  It was Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Lion King to finish.  An awesome stretch.

6. victoria1800 profile image71
    victoria1800posted 10 years ago

My all time favourites from when I was young are Beauty and the beast and The little mermaid. I also like Lady and the tramp, Bambi and The lion king. I have three boys so they pretend not to like the Disney princess movies but I know they love them really lol. Their favourites are Robin Hood and Tarzan.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)