jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

What is the most gruesome scene you've ever watched in a movie or on television?

1. EJ Lambert profile image73
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

What is the most gruesome scene you've ever watched in a movie or on television?

In honor of the recent shock going around the country following the famed Game of Thrones "Red Wedding" episode, what is the most memorable scene of violence and brutality you remember ever watching on television or the big screen?

2. Thief12 profile image91
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

The opening of the film Irreversible, the bottle scene in Pan's Labyrinth, and a particular scene in 28 Weeks Later. Those are the first that come to mind.

EJ Lambertposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sadly I haven't seen those. Could you describe?

2. Thief12 profile image91
      Thief12posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well, if you are one to enjoy these kind of scenes, then I recommend all three films. Gruesomeness aside, they are all solid films in their own right. Irreversible might be the most "demanding" of the three, particularly during those first 20 minutes

3. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

There are a few that really repulsed me, some real, others fiction. I suppose the fictionalized one that bothered me most was the scene in Hostel, where the hunter(pervert) removed the girl's eye while she was wide awake. Truly disturbing. The real one was on a video reel from a Nazi concentration camp and it was not only brutal but heartbreaking. I came across it while researching a book and I really don't want to encourage any underage folks from looking for it so forgive me, but I won't mention what kind of despicable act it involved.

I remember that Hostel scene.  For me it was the Achilles tendon part.  I cringe every time.  And anything Holocaust related was clearly brutal.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

We bought a season of MI5 and enjoyed most of the episodes. In one of the last episodes, the two operatives ( the good guys) were caught and the bad guy wanted information. They were in some kind of restaurant and he stuck the woman operative's hand in the hot oil of a deep fryer.. It was horrible.  The other operative still refused to give up the info and the guy dunked her head in the hot oil.

After that he shot her but that horrible scene is still in my head and we stopped watching it after that. I just can't handle anything that gruesome and graphic.

Yooooouch.  That's cold blooded.  Brutal stuff.  Sorry it ruined the series for you.

5. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Too many to recall, but for the most depraved I'd turn you to Salo. For the most gruesome it'd have to be the infamous "Newsreporter" scene from Scanners, OR multiple scenes from the Toxic Avenger series. One of the most iconic moments in the Toxic Avenger is the "Granny Smash" scene where an elderly lady gets hit by a car and then has her head run over. Or "Noxie's Debut", where Noxie removes a police officer's arms and uses them as nunchuks on innocent civilians, as well as throws a child at a wall.

There's plenty out there, I'd just recommend you look at Tromamovies' YouTube channel, and you'll see for yourself.

Wow.  That's some nasty stuff.  I always wonder what's going through a directors head when they think that up.

6. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image38
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

My experience can't be termed as gruesome, but it was shocking for me. Yes during my teenage, I happened to see the movie "The Birth" and the live delivery scene was unbearable for me and I literally went blackout. I lost my sense and closed my eyes for a few minutes.

It's different for everybody.  My stepfather is the same way.  Don't feel bad.  It isn't exactly pretty.

7. Man of Strength profile image80
    Man of Strengthposted 4 years ago

My vote goes to the scene in Silence of the Lambs, when Hannibal Lector murders the two policeman in his cell after they brought him his lunch. It was brutal, violent, and chilling without being over the top.

8. Lady_E profile image77
    Lady_Eposted 4 years ago

Law Abiding Citizen. Oh.... he was a very angry man and the revenge he took was excruciating to watch...but the man (who he took the revenge on) deserved it, for what he did.

working