Which anime series has the best chance to make a successful movie?

1. EJ Lambert profile image74
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

Which anime series has the best chance to make a successful movie?

After watching Dragon Ball Evolution flame out on the big screen, it begs the question.  Of all the successful anime series coming out of Japan, which one has the best chance to see similar success in theaters?

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image86
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Two already have, and those are Lupin 3rd and Golgo 13. The former was premiered at one point and a young Steven Spielberg was so impressed by it, he stood up at the end and announced, "Now THAT is directing!" Lupin also made several other movies due his escapades being a hit with the TV show, and Golgo 13 was a great series that made two feature length films. While Lupin 3rd got considerably better feedback than Golgo 13, the latter has far more chance of being a great live action film.

The only anime I watch is that of Hayao Miyazaki and unfortunately he doesn't do TV shows as far as I'm aware.

1. EJ Lambert profile image74
      EJ Lambertposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Indeed Lupin had some very good success, but as far as I can tell he is an isolated case.  With so many great series I find it incredible more movies, as in live action style, haven't met with similar success.

working