jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What is best stand-up joke you ever heard?

1. EJ Lambert profile image72
    EJ Lambertposted 4 years ago

What is best stand-up joke you ever heard?

Every comedian has a specific bit that made them a favorite of many.  Which routine, known or unknown, is your all-time favorite?

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image83
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 4 years ago

Lee Evans has most of them, but the one I always remember was Rhod Gilbert's "Red Hen" joke during his 'The man with the flaming Battenberg tattoo' tour. He kept going on about how it was so 'mesmerizingly s**t', and the guest feedback book being filled with no end to swear words and people angrily stabbing through the page. Unfortunately I couldn't find the clip on YouTube, but you have to see it for yourself, it's hilarious.

EJ Lambertposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sounds hilarious just hearing about it!

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 4 years ago

Years ago, when Steve Martin was just starting out, he was doing a monologue while playing the banjo. He play a few notes, tell a joke, laugh at it and go on. But one hit me as hilarious and it was, "Life is a cow--let's milk it together."

It loses a little in the written form buy my roommate and I also fell on the floor laughing. That was almost 40 years ago--humor was different then.

It's all about delivery and.....ti-ming.  Timing, timing, timing!  My favorite Martin is the joke about when his mother borrows TEN DOLLARS for some FOOD!

4. ParadigmEnacted profile image70
    ParadigmEnactedposted 4 years ago

When Richard Pryor talks about how people are less prejudice about who stands next to them when it's cold outside. What made it even better is how he was heckled while telling it and how he made fun of the heckler.

Pryor was a master at arranging stories around his messages and switching gears whenever the crowd was a little vocal.

working