jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Do you think larger mannequins should model store clothing?

1. HeatherH104 profile image83
    HeatherH104posted 4 years ago

Do you think larger mannequins should model store clothing?

With all of the body image problems women face, should stores make their mannequins a more realistic size?

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 4 years ago

I think it's smart advertising. Think about it, if a store offers a wider variety of clothing, their customer base widens and they are more likely to have more people inside their stores. I think it depends on what kind of store, but I see no reason not to.

HeatherH104posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I couldn't tell you how many times I saw an outfit on a size 0 mannequin, liked it, tried it on only to be horrified how it looked on me (size 12). If you show how nice fitting clothes fits a more reasonable size it will help store sell.

3. Jared Miles profile image89
    Jared Milesposted 4 years ago

With rising weight problems around the world, it would be something to consider from a marketing point of view. It would definitely do something for a wider customer base.
    However, you raise a good point in your answer to Phoebe. By seeing some clothes on a skinny mannequin, you could perhaps be more likely to try it on for yourself, increasing the likelihood that you'll eventually purchase it.

That, and some people would probably take some offense at seeing clothes modelled by a larger mannequin. Everyone likes to complain about changes these days, especially in retail tongue

It is true, there will be complaints either way. Can't please everyone! smile
      Thanks for your insight.

4. SavannahEve profile image83
    SavannahEveposted 4 years ago

Absolutely yes.  Unequivocally yes.  Not a doubt in my mind.  Size 3 is not a rational size.  Girls grow up thinking it is the norm and when their bodies don't conform to this, eating disorders happen.  Depression happens.  Self hatred happens.

It is so true. It's sad when girls self worth is robbed from them for not being ultra (unhealthy) skinny.
      Thanks for the comment!

2. Kara33 profile image59
      Kara33posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Why isnt size 3 a rational size?

5. Kara33 profile image59
    Kara33posted 2 years ago

No because the mannequins have nothing to do with me.

working