Can I listen to BBC Radio 4 in France with an internet radio?

1. Les Trois Chenes profile image92
    Les Trois Chenesposted 4 years ago

Can I listen to BBC Radio 4 in France with an internet radio?

Or - how can I listen to radio 4 in France while I move about the house and garden doing my housework? I used to have a Sky Gnome which was brilliant, but after dismantling the systems (tv etc) while redecorating the house we can't seem to use it.  A friend lent me his tablet - which works to pick up R4 in the next village but tells me that, in my house, the BBC does not allow transmission to mobile devices. I can get it on my Netbook - but not loud enough and not very transportable. I only want to listen to R4 (faily loudly) but being able to listen to past broadcasts would be great. Help!

2. Mercia Collins profile image70
    Mercia Collinsposted 4 years ago

If you have digital UK television, you can buy a device which I think is called a dongle that you attach to the set up. We have one and you can listen to radio 4 on any radio receiving device tuned to the right frequency with the tv box tuned to the channel and the television switched off. The dongle is little device with a switch on it. My husband bought it from a UK company, unfortunately he is now dead so I cannot ask him about it.

working