jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

What is your favorite movie genre (drama, romance, comedy, horror, sci-fi, thril

1. Tygher41 profile image80
    Tygher41posted 4 years ago

What is your favorite movie genre (drama, romance, comedy, horror, sci-fi, thriller) and why?

Maybe it is a combination of a few different themes, but what genre of movie do you generally enjoy and what do you think draws you to that type?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8418055_f260.jpg

2. Thief12 profile image91
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

Suspense and thrillers, followed by drama. But I can enjoy any genre as long as its well made.

Tygher41posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree!  I loved to watch anything as long as it's decent.

Well...that's a lie...I enjoy bad horror movies.  Too much I think. smile

2. Thief12 profile image91
      Thief12posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hey, a lot of bad movies are "well made" in terms of what they were designed to do :-D A lot of those "bad" horror movies aren't made to win Oscars or whatnot, but to entertain 1 way or the other. So if u enjoy them, then they achieved their purpose

3. Qmarpat profile image68
      Qmarpatposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I like suspense and thrillers, too.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

In movies I prefer romantic comedies and well-written suspense dramas. They are engaging, thought-provoking, and entertaining. I go to movies to laugh, cry, or get an adrenal rush. Horror genre and sci--fi, I prefer to read because cinema sacrifices good plot/character development for spectacular CGI special effects. I get bored.

Special effects can ruin a movie faster than anything else I think, so I totally agree. Thanks for the comment!

2. Qmarpat profile image68

Which specific movies did you like?

4. Tim Quam profile image60
    Tim Quamposted 4 years ago

I'd have to go with dramedies for the simple reason you can't have laughter without tears.  Dramedies aren't new, they go back to Chaplin, but I like movies like Royal Tenenbaums.  My pet peeve about comedies is the production values are often not great.  I'd love to see a horror spoof or James Bond spoof that looks as great as the source.

Totally agree - laughter and tears goes well together. A well produced spoof would be nice for a change, also. Thanks!

2. Qmarpat profile image68

I'm not familiar with that type of movie. I'll have to check them out.

working