jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Can you fake an accent? If so, what accent can you do?

1. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Can you fake an accent?  If so, what accent can you do?

I'm not really good, but I try to do Australian accents.....

2. rhondakim profile image74
    rhondakimposted 4 years ago

Not to sound conceited, but I'm really good at doing accents (I love foreign languages too).  I can do Ghanian (West Africa), Puerto Rican, Italian, English...

1. rhondakim profile image74
      rhondakimposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I forgot Jamaican!!!

3. profile image0
    Angela Jeterposted 4 years ago

I can do all of them, if I hear them first and you?

4. EclecticHoosier profile image81
    EclecticHoosierposted 4 years ago

I can (and often DO) fake quite a few accents. My girlfriend and I sometimes both lapse into fake Russian. We also do a pretty passable British (both received pronunciation and Cockney). Aussie is pretty easy for me, too. French is sometimes heard in our house, as is "comedy Asian." Sometimes - just for fun - I'll put on a bit of Canadian/UP, but, when I do, I seem to slip into an Irish Brogue.

Come to think of it, I ALWAYS seem to slip into Brogue eventually.

Maybe I'm secretly part Irish and don't know it.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I can do a pretty good British accent (I credit all those years of watching James Bond films) and I can do a mean impression of "Apu" from "The Simpsons" too.

6. MacBradaigh88 profile image77
    MacBradaigh88posted 4 years ago

I can fake a pretty stereotypical russian accent, mexican-american accent, nyc, southern gentleman and many accents from the brittish isles.

7. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

To use talking to other people, I can have them thinking I'm from one of the southern states even though I'm from Pennsylvania. I can do other accents, but the weird thing is I can't do them without hearing them so I usually do it as I'm singing along with someone singing with an accent.

8. leni sands profile image75
    leni sandsposted 4 years ago

Actually I cannot spend more than a few minutes with someone with an accent and somehow I taken on the lingo, I've been told I am a natural mimic.

I've no trouble regurgitating an Irish or Scottish Accent, Liverpudlian, Gordie, Welsh and I've been told that I sing my country songs with an American Accent.

I have done a little Acting in the past, used to teach a little drama and role play here and there and as my brother lives in South Africa I was able to offer up a little Afrikaans.  Not tried the Australian much but one day maybe.

I love playing around with accents as it helps with dialects in my writing so when I'm watching TV I sometimes try to copy the way people say things which can be good fun - I recently enjoyed watching 'Wild at Heart' (Leopards Den) and loved copying the many accents in that.

I love to tease with a french, spanish or Italian accent...have fun with it, I say.

working