jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Do You Listen To Music Or Do You Simply Hear It?

1. quicksand profile image80
    quicksandposted 4 years ago

Do You Listen To Music Or Do You Simply Hear It?

When you switch on your stereo set up, do you actually pay attention to the music that emanates from the speakers or do you continue to do whatever you were doing with the music playing in the background?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/1387526_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 4 years ago

I always actually listen to the music when I have it on.  Even if I am doing something else, I still pay some attention to it.  However, I believe that you also hit on another topic, where people listen to the music (as in not in the background), but still don't listen to it properly.

quicksandposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well, as children the music that we hear is the music that someone in the family is listening to. What you hear is what you begin to like and long for. This kinda thing paves the way for musical preferences. Thanks Ben Blackwell for responding. smile

3. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 4 years ago

Listen about 50% of the time and just hear the other 50%.  It depends on whether I am working cleaning or relaxing. Faster beat helps me accomplish more.

quicksandposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's great! Perhaps Santana's percussion would help you speed up your tasks! Thanks a lot for responding! smile

2. tirelesstraveler profile image81
      tirelesstravelerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great idea.

working