Do American actresses fear aging more than actresses living in other nations?

1. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

Do American actresses fear aging more than actresses living in other nations?

81-year old American actress Kim Novak (left in photo), has undergone some drastic plastic surgery in the effort to lend her a more youthful appearance.. On the other hand, 79-year old actress Sophia Loren (right in photo), who resides in Europe, is known for her belief in aging gracefully. The comparison is quite startling. Do you think American actresses are more acutely afraid of aging than actresses in other nations? And if so, why?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8786460_f260.jpg

2. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 4 years ago

The only thing I know for sure is that French women do not fear aging to the extent that American women do. French women truly believe that when they become "of a certain age" they are still highly desirable; they also believe in keeping their looks natural, whether they are young or old. Consequently, aging is not a "hang up" with them.
    I know this, in part, because I once dated a Frenchman who was 13 years younger than me.  He did not care one iota that I was older. He simply liked me and he indicated that my "beauty" was classic, rather than forced.
    I've also known some Danish women who always look very natural and thus, very lovely. My point is that Europeans, in general, have a different mind set about aging. They do not dread it! American women would do well to learn more about beauty and true sexuality from them. I truly believe this is so. The picture you presented is a perfect example of what happens otherwise. Great question.
    (By the way, I am not French; I'm an American.)

1. bethperry profile image92
      bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Awesome! And I agree wholeheartedly.

working