jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

American Idol might be bored without Simon Cowell...Any comment?

1. realrazi profile image61
    realraziposted 7 years ago

American Idol might be bored without Simon Cowell...Any comment?

2. TinaMarieTad profile image79
    TinaMarieTadposted 7 years ago

American Idol very well  may be boring without Simon. I think more than anything he will be missed as he has a great eye for genuine talent. I think that Simon added that "mean guy" aspect that actually made the contestants work harder, and reach for the stars even more!

3. profile image52
    fallsfellaposted 7 years ago

It is boriong, outdated and totally inane WITH Simon Cowell.
    "Idol worship is idle worship"

4. PaulaK profile image37
    PaulaKposted 7 years ago

I have to admit that Simon made the show for me. He didn't hide his opinions, but spoke forth his views with openness and rather bluntly. Even though he was considered to be outspoken, I think he was admired because he gave good advice to the young artists that would help them with their careers - not so sure about some of the others! He will be missed on the show. I am curious about what he will do in the future.

5. mjawedr profile image55
    mjawedrposted 7 years ago

American idol is was and will be nothing without Simon, he MADE the show, even thought people pretended to hate him but deep down they all loved his rude comments ( funny at times).. he will surely be missed on the show!

6. AOkay12 profile image78
    AOkay12posted 7 years ago

I stopped watching Idol when Taylor Hicks won in the 5th season. Katharine McPhee or Elliot Yamin should have won Idol that season.  I felt that it was more or less a popularity contest rather than a talent contest. Anyways, the show will probably loose ratings because of Simon's departure. He's was funny, witty, and told the truth.

7. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

To some degree, American Idol has become boring with or without Simon Cowell. I really think that is one of the driving interest behind him leaving the show at this time. Initially, it was an interesting process but you can only watch the process play out so much before it starts to be commonly repetitious. I think the show will slowly lose momentum over the next few years. A similar thing occurred with The Apprentice and led Trump to move to a celebrity concept in an attempt to salvage viewership.  WB