jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is CodePlay's "Viva La Vida" song about?

1. BlissfulWriter profile image66
    BlissfulWriterposted 4 years ago

What is CodePlay's "Viva La Vida" song about?

I've read the lyrics to this song.  But still have no idea what the song is all about.  Can someone explain the meaning of the song?

2. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

I have bookmarked this question to ponder. Possibly a great hub or two may arise from it. Maybe myself as author too. Not sure. I gathered with a quick read that the meaning of the words in Spanish mean simply "Long Live Life" or "Live the Life." There are allusions of a Christian theme discovered in this Grammy winner and Top billboard player.

What struck me is the attributing of the title taken from a painting by Frida Kahlo of Mexico. That struck home with me at a personal level as Frida did suffer and endure Fibromyaliga her adult life. Foundations have been created and now thrive based on her inspirational life as a painter with that diagnosis.

Now, how that plays or is brushed upon the painting this song offers as a big picture view I am not sure, yet opportunity does exist. The finer strokes of the painters fingers upon canvass with the repeating chorus stanza may present even further prospect of analysis with both of those curiosities of the advent of this song. Not sure, yet the purrr of interest offers there may be more than is seen with a glance or two.

As said, a great opportunity may be just beyond the window. I will keep this idea close at hand and maybe others too may consider this. I hope so. For now I will ponder all the connectedness of those few mentioned. Thank you for bringing your curiosity to my attention bringing to me learning.
    tim

3. Snøwman profile image61
    Snøwmanposted 4 years ago

It's about a king that has all this power and then he dies and loses everything. The band's name is coldplay, not codeplay.

1. BlissfulWriter profile image66
      BlissfulWriterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You're right.  Thanks for the correction.

working