jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)

What are some songs about baseball?

1. spartucusjones profile image93
    spartucusjonesposted 4 years ago

What are some songs about baseball?

Over the past little bit I have been composing a number of "songs about" hubs. I figure with spring training upon us I will compose a hub on songs about baseball to help prepare for the upcoming MLB season. I already have a few in mind, but I thought I would see if anyone has any favorite baseball songs that they would like to share.

2. Kellie Prowse profile image59
    Kellie Prowseposted 4 years ago

Take me out to the ball game, take me out to the park, buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks.....

spartucusjonesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Definitely the most famous song about baseball! I am also considering publishing a hub specifically on unique renditions of that one song.

2. IDONO profile image80
      IDONOposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Harry Carey!

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

The first ones that come to mind for me are "Centerfield" by John Fogerty and "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen.

Those were among the ones that first popped into my mind as well. They are definitely classic baseball songs.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I also remember a novelty record about Mickey Mantle that went, "I love Mickey...Mickey who? Mickey you!' It's irritating as hell but after hearing it while at the Baseball Hall of Fame years ago, I couldn't get it out if my head!!!

4. Thief12 profile image89
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

The first one that came to mind is actually a Christian song called "Home Run". It's sung by Geoff Moore & The Distance. It's a simple song, but a fun one.

Not familiar with the song. Will have to give it a listen. Thanks for sharing!

2. Thief12 profile image89
      Thief12posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Here's a link, just in case...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVtebmWYDuc

5. purl3agony profile image97
    purl3agonyposted 4 years ago

Not really "about" baseball, but references baseball - "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf.

Curious to see some of the other answers you receive!

Phil Rizzuto color commentary in that song is pretty awesome! Even though it is not literally about baseball (which is what I am primarily going for) it does make an interesting metaphorical use of baseball.

2. purl3agony profile image97
      purl3agonyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Another great song that has a passing reference to baseball is "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon and Garfunkel.

6. spartucusjones profile image93
    spartucusjonesposted 3 years ago

I know I was very slow, but I got around to finishing the Hub:
    http://spartucusjones.hubpages.com/hub/ … t-Baseball

I was initially planning on completing it before the start of the regular MLB season. Oh well, at least I completed before the playoffs. I would like to thank everyone for their input.

working