jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are some of your favorite movies of the 80's?

1. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

What are some of your favorite movies of the 80's?

For me, it would be Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Terminator, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Back to the Future, License to Drive, Karate Kid, Big Trouble In Little China, The Last Dragon, Top Gun, Flashdance, First Blood, Beverly Hills Cop, and Batman.

2. ravi1991 profile image76
    ravi1991posted 4 years ago

Indiana Jones Trilogy, Back to the future and Scarface(Hollywood).
    Shaan, Naseeb, Mr. India and Do aur Do Paanch (Bollywood).

3. Bubblegum Jones profile image60
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 4 years ago

One of my favorite movies of the 80's is "Fast Times at Ridgemont High".

4. dailytop10 profile image92
    dailytop10posted 4 years ago

Was Ramboo released in the 80's? Well the Ramboo series is my favorite among the old schools. I even have an original company of Ramboo 2 in VHS which my grandpa gave me. Freakin awesome!

5. Jayne Lancer profile image95
    Jayne Lancerposted 4 years ago

The 80s is a little too early for me to remember properly, but I love 'Dirty Dancing'. My mother had it on video, and I must have watched it about a 1000 times.

6. Marisaupa profile image60
    Marisaupaposted 4 years ago

How about some super-concentrated 1980's mash-up movie that would send 80's buffs into nostalgia heaven.

Something along the lines of Rodney Dangerfield teaming up with Rambo to take care of business in a small town that prohibits dancing. Realizing that the town is too strong to be taken by hand, they must engage the town on board F-14 attack fighters. Along the way, Rodney and Rambo realize that they are in fact soul mates. As the film ends, Rambo, wearing his military dress uniform,  carries Rodney Dangerfield off in his arms, presumably to live happily ever after. Sadly, eternal bliss is not meant to be for them. Soon after settling down in Miami, Rodney somehow unseats the cocaine kingpin of Florida and takes over the drug racket. Unfortunately for him, he bites off more than he can chew and enters into a self-destructive phase that ends in his own demise and that of Rambo in a film-ending blood-fest at their Miami mansion.

I'd pay five bucks to see that in some old multiplex with artificially buttered popcorn and flat soda. Better yet, some mystery red colored drink with junior mints. Just watch where you sit, the Rocky Horror Movie Show crowd from the night before has a tendency of leaving the theater floor and seats mysteriously sticky.

7. mshajid profile image60
    mshajidposted 4 years ago

Hmmm! Godzilla(Sci-fi) and The Thing(Sci-fi, Thrilling and Horror) .. smile

working