jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

What Do You Think Of Monica Lewinsky ?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image74
    crazyhorsesghostposted 3 years ago

What Do You Think Of Monica Lewinsky ?

Monica Lewinsky is back in the news once again but should she be. I always wonder what CNN or FOX would be showing if they were not showing a story on Monica Lewinsky. Should she even be on TV or the News. Why do Americans seem to be drawn in by stories like this. Why indeed.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8945545_f260.jpg

2. MG Singh profile image45
    MG Singhposted 3 years ago

I think she was a silly girl, who could have done better in life.Maybe she planned it  and I am sure over the years she MUST have made some money

crazyhorsesghostposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I bet she has made some money, however I'm not sure how much.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

The only reason she is back in the news is because many believe Hilary Clinton will run for president. They hope people will see Monica as being more of a victim then Hilary.
    It's one of the few instances where some people are more sympathetic towards the mistress than the betrayed wife. For many people Bill & Hilary Clinton are seen as "one" or as a "power couple" and they see Monica as an innocent person who got caught up in their web. It's highly doubtful that an eighteen year old story would be resurfacing if Hilary Clinton were not considered a front runner to be elected president.
    Some cynical people speculate the Clintons are behind the recent story in order to get it out early in the public mindset well ahead of the primaries so it will be "old news" by the time opposing candidates bring it up tarnish the Clinton presidency.

1. Au fait profile image93
      Au faitposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Monica has recently written a book that's being released and that is why she's in the news, not because Hillary may run for president.  Hill can will, Monica or no Monica.

2. WiccanSage profile image95
      WiccanSageposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it's timing because before Obama stepped in, everyone thought Clinton was a shoe-in for 2008, and no one mentioned Lewinski. I just think her book is getting her attention right now, I don't think it has to do w/future elections.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

WiccanSage and Au fait you both have a valid point about her upcoming book. However pundits on both sides think there is more to it. http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1176 … presidency

4. profile image0
      Dave36posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I honestly can't believe that out of a country of 500 million, the best you can come up with is Hilary Clinton!lol..There not a power couple, there power mad anyone can see that..You lot should have listened to Abraham Lincoln, he knew!.

5. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Dave36 the term "power couple" was not of (my) choosing but rather the name coined many political pundits of both political parties. FYI the U.S. population is less than 340 million. A far cry from 500 million. :-)

4. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 3 years ago

I am sure that Monica was hired to do exactly what she did. I don't know any woman (22 years old, is not a girl) who would save a stained evening gown, unless it was for proof.
    She is and was a beautiful woman, and maybe she could have done better, but I believe she did what she was hired to do.

crazyhorsesghostposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Shyron I think you are 100 percent right. I think she was either paid to do it or they used her to set Clinton up.

5. Alphadogg16 profile image91
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

Monica Lewinsky is no different from Donald Sterling's mistress. She was a young girl involved with a man of power and saw it as a way to get rich. She knew exactly what she was doing, why else would she keep a mans sperm on her dress for so long. She wanted to "make it" the easy way, and not work for it.

working