Is Miley Cyrus a role model?

1. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 3 years ago

Is Miley Cyrus a role model?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8979809_f260.jpg

2. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 3 years ago

I read an article not too long ago by a feminist who was claiming that Miley was empowering to all women, and to be honest, I was a bit dumbfounded by the assertion.

I have no objection to Miley doing whatever she wants with her body. But if I were to describe what she has decided to do with her body, I'd use a single word: cheap.

Our bodies are amazing things and we should use them to do amazing things, things for which we would use words like beautiful, powerful, noble, good, etc.

And as I said, she can do what she wants, but she hasn't done anything to be worthy of even a short pedestal, and if I had a daughter, Miley is one of the last people I'd want her to be anything like.

3. the3mushketeers profile image62
    the3mushketeersposted 3 years ago

She's not exactly, the same brunette who took the world by storm proving her metal through hannah montanna. Now her cropped hair and crazy antics make have changed our outlook about her .
    At some point I believe miley did aim to be a role model and she was successfull in doing so  but now her focus has shifted. Shes living life the way she wants wether we like it or not, "we cant stop her." She's been a strong girl facing it all.
    Somehow at the end of the day I wish miley would present a glimpse of her much acclaimed hannah days. Wether she's role model or not..that question can clearly be answered with  a no. Shes moved on in life and so should we.
    Caged soul

working