jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you could have lunch with anyone in the world or from history, who would you

1. Elderberry Arts profile image98
    Elderberry Artsposted 3 years ago

If you could have lunch with anyone in the world or from history, who would you choose?

2. profile image0
    Daveadamposted 3 years ago

The Buddha, because i have a question for him..The question is: did he really leave all that stuff to read (doctrines/paths/truths etc), or has it all been added to his teachings..From my experience emptying the mind, is far better for us than filling our mind..The Buddha probably only ever said: Try to use logic before you make any decision especially with matters of the heart, because that's our only way to tell if or not we're making a decision biased by our emotions..So if we use logic we will eventually become a logical thinker, & that is the end of our personal suffering, & also means the end to all unwanted negative thoughts emotions & feelings....Other than that I'd go to dinner with Albert Einstein, & ask him the following: if I'm actually here right now typing this in an infinite universe shouldn't that mean that i always exist?, there could be one version of me or there could be infinite copies of me..But could it be possible that i could just disappear, after all, where would i go in an infinite universe?lol..Life is full of seemingly unanswerable questions, & that to me "smacks" or at least "hints" that it's a test. :-)

3. Lisa HW profile image71
    Lisa HWposted 3 years ago

My answer to this question will always be:   Any one, two, or three of my three children (in any combination).   If there are ever grandchildren, I suppose I'll add them to my list.

4. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Leon Russell Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee. Just because he is a great piece of history and I think he and I would have agreat conversation.

working