I believe Buddhism makes me a better Christian. Can one be Buddhist and Christia

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (65 posts)
  1. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image88
    Gina Welds-Hulseposted 7 years ago

I believe Buddhism makes me a better Christian. Can one be Buddhist and Christian at same time?

Recently I have been battling with the question, "Am I a Christian Buddhist or a Buddhist Christian," and is it even possible to be both?  I do believe that there are principles about Buddhism that makes me a better Christian, and I am exploring those.

What are your thoughts on this topic?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13144919_f260.jpg

2. Oztinato profile image76
    Oztinatoposted 7 years ago

Of course we can.
    Look at JC. He was a Jew who started Christianity which was a religion that welcomed all religions into the fold.
    Look at the Hindus who happily accept all religions as equal and practice several at once. Sikhs and Krishnas etc all have Ganesha in their repetoires.

1. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Christianity" is not a RELIGION but a derogatory remark used by UNBELIEVERS "mocking" disciples (Acts 11:19-26) & JESUS doesn't "welcome anyone" BUT believers "into the fold!"
      Hindus & any other man-made RELIGION against Gal 1:6-9 are LIARS

2. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image88
      Gina Welds-Hulseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Norine, Buddhism is not a religion either.  It is a way of life.  On another note...I have met so many Christians who are some of the 'worst' type of people imaginable, and I try not to question Christianity based on a couple of people......

3. profile image52

Gina, IF you knew "Christians" are supposed to be Christ Followers or Disciples of Christ (Who is THE CREATOR), you wouldn't have asked this question! Your belief is as mixing oil with water!  A material ("carnal") god w/THE CREATOR ("SPIRIT")!

4. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image88

I'm curious, Norine.  What "carnal" god did I mention in my question. "A material ("carnal") god w/THE CREATOR ("SPIRIT")!"
      I have not referred to Buddha as a god.  Buddha was a man.

5. profile image52

WHATEVER one worships (man/mammon/money) or needs to "find a way" (via yoga, mediation, etc) to get to THE CREATOR it is considered "worshiping" another "god!" 
      GOD is JEALOUS (Exd34:14;Gal 1:6-9) like ur spouse!

6. Ericdierker profile image46
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That Bible verse does not say that. And you know it doesn't Norine.

7. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image88

Seriously, Norine!?!? Wow!

8. profile image52

You know guys, if u would only READ Matt 6:21 ""For where your treasure is (man/mammon/money) there will your HEART be also."  The love of anything can be one's god!
      Ever heard "Love of money?" If so, it's ur god!
      Believe Bible not Eric!

9. Ericdierker profile image46

Good girl Norine -- "the love "can be".

10. profile image52

Not "good girl," Eric!

Rather "GOOD WORD" from GOD!

3. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 7 years ago

What a wonderful question to be asking. So many who have studied and learned from other philosophies think they are somehow betraying Christ. That precept needs to be smashed. Buddha was a man -- not a false idol. The principals for which his followers stand are nearly completely consistent with being a good Christian.
    This may shock some people but I have been under great leaders who were atheists. Just because they were not Christian did not mean that they could not lead or had intelligent wisdom to pass on to me.
    One of the biggest bummers a Christian just has to get over is that God created everything -- yes He even allowed evil into the world. How could one profess to love their enemies and yet not love those of other faiths and beliefs. And when we love we must come to understand the other or it is empty.
    My wife was a wonderful Buddhist. In true miracle fashion she was "visited" by Christ and became a very faithful Christian, trying hard to follow Christ in every facet of our lives. But in our home we still hold on to many traditions that are Buddhist in origin - especially that practiced in Southeast Asia.
    There is a book of the Bible that is left out of most versions of the Bible today. It is called the book of Wisdom. From the beginning it was a part of the Bible, but taken out due to politics of religion. If this is true, and it is, then how are we to eschew any source of wisdom? My doctors are wise and give me good advice. Having nothing to do with Christ.
    If you think Buddha is God or is in fact an idol that you worship then you may want to rethink that. If you think Buddha was very wise and you can learn from his teachings -- you are using your God given brain.
    There is a cool Paul written passage in the Bible: Phil 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. (the "think" here is really "meditate" but modernist revisionists of the Bible thought it sounded to eastern so they changed it)
    Love Christ but still learn from others.

1. profile image52

Paul was speaking of things pertaining to GOD in Philippians 4:8! What is TRUE, NOBLE, RIGHT, PURE,  LOVELY, ADMIRABLE, PRAISEWORTHY, but GOD? IF you LOVE Christ, you would “read” to find out; NO MAN can teach one more than the Holy Spirit!

Love Christ, but still learn from others!  I love that!!! "So many who have studied and learned from other philosophies think they are somehow betraying Christ."  This pretty much sums up exactly how I have been feeling.  Thanks for your thoughts.

3. profile image52

And is EXACTLY why you DEFY the WORD of GOD and "proclaim" Christianity!

4. PlanksandNails profile image81
      PlanksandNailsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So much for Buddhist Astrology being "compatible."

Thus Yahweh says, "Do not start following pagan religious practices. Do not be in awe of signs that occur in the sky even though the nations hold them in awe. - Jeremiah 10:2

4. Dr CHE Sadaphal profile image60
    Dr CHE Sadaphalposted 7 years ago

No. Why? Because Christianity and Buddhism each make exclusive truth claims. To hold two divergent opinions invariably equates to wavering between them. That doesn't even place a value on which one is "right."

Christ, for example said, "**I** am the way" (John 14:6, c.f. Matthew 10:33, John 3:16). If this is true, then alternatives cannot. Christ was always very inclusive of people but was an exclusivist when it came to ideology. His truth claims in fact were so exclusive that He was killed for proclaiming them.

Another example: the Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta details the four noble truths and the eighfold path which enables a person to reach nirvana by what they can do (e.g. right thinking) or by "works." A central thrust of the Bible is the idea of salvation by grace through faith which is theocentric and independent of what a person chooses to do.

Perhaps it is just coincidence that I published a hub today on the topic how to discern what is true: http://hubpages.com/education/TruthFind … eally-true

1. profile image52

Brilliant HUB from a "carnal" point of view; yet it reiterates some of what Scripture says! 
      I will elaborate farther under comments of subject HUB!
      Blessings!

You say, "Because Christianity and Buddhism each make exclusive truth claims"  I'm looking at different principles that I think everyone could learn from within Buddhism.  I'll check out your hub.

3. profile image52

Go ahead, use that "brilliant" mind of yours "looking @ diff principles" & see where that gets you!  U can just drop the phrase "Christian" fm your belief! You have chosen along w/anyone else who believes we should consider anything/one BUT GOD!

Norine, studying about other "principles" or other "religions" does not make me a non-Christian. In fact anyone who goes to Seminary studies other religions.  Does that make them less of a Christian because they do?  I think it makes them wiser.

5. Dr CHE Sadaphal profile image60
      Dr CHE Sadaphalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That actually depends on the seminary that you attend.

6. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image88

Thanks for the correction, Dr. CHE.  I was basing my statement on all the ministers I know and the curriculum that was studied.

7. Ericdierker profile image46

Very interesting I shall come over and read your hub. I grew up with Mexican Catholics and Native Americans. Learning their traditions and beliefs just seemed like the neighborly thing to do. To learn is not to shift faith.

8. profile image52

True Dr!  You are what you eat, Eric!
      I attended a university working towards Master majored in Theology for 2 semesters & GOD told me to drop out! Reason: They taught "The Trinity!" Couldn't maintain 4.0 there! NEVER agree w/LIES! GOD sees!

9. Dr CHE Sadaphal profile image60
      Dr CHE Sadaphalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

To all: indeed there is huge difference btwn learning ABOUT and learning FROM; e.g., a sensible apologist can learn about atheism to engage others in dialogue. Tacit in learning from means you consider what you have to be deficient.

10. profile image52

Dr: Learning "about" opens "doubt!" I chose not to tell my young child about certain thgs which opens curiosity! So it is "in Christ;" "milk" first then "meat;"  "after FAITH" is STRONG!  We are "growing" (deficient) IAW 2Cor 3:18!

5. profile image0
    savvydatingposted 7 years ago

Technically, you cannot be a Christian Buddhist, or a Buddhist Christian. With all due respect, that phrase or title is an oxymoron. It's like saying I am a skinny-fat person or a pacifist-killer. Christians are theists and Buddhists are non-theists. The distinction is quite clear. In fact, the Buddha  denounced the view of a Creator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontheistic_religions

However, if you are happy and more calm in combining the philosophies, then I say it's your prerogative.  But I personally would not use the term, Christian-Buddhist, because it doesn't make sense. No offense intended.

1. profile image52

When it comes to her "losing her soul," it's NOT "her prerogative!"  She's asked a question & we should respond according to what JESUS would say!
      Lev 19:17 "REBUKE your brother and don't suffer sin upon him!"
      II Tim 2:15 "CORRECT" w/HIS WORD!

No offense taken.  I appreciate your view. I posted this because I want your views, your responses.  I welcome the conversation.

3. profile image52

I thought you wanted TRUTH but you only wanted someone to agree with your beliefs as MOST on HP!
      If you BELIEVE GOD is THE CREATOR; you MUST BELIEVE what HE'S SAID! "Thou shalt have no other gods ("Way of Life") before me" (Exd 20:3)!

Norine, I asked this question to start a conversation.  Many have responded in a very professional manner.  Others haven't. No comments have been deleted because I want to hear what everyone has to say, even you......but remember ONLY GOD judges me.

5. Ericdierker profile image46

Savvy this is an interesting answer. I thought about it and went right away to Christ being born of the Jewish race yet I figure He must have been a Christian even though there weren't any. I think my wife's Buddhism was more a race/class deal.

6. profile image52

GOD'S WORD "IS" GOD "judging u!" READ if u "proclaim" Christianity!  GOD "loves" judgment (Is 61:8) & "begins @ the house of GOD" (I Pet 4:17)! Savvy is RIGHT w/1 except! She didn't "judge" w/WORD! Eric, get junk out of house! I could have witchd

7. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Eric, Jesus was a Jew in practice. The Christian movement began in earnest after the death of Christ when followers had to make some distinctions between Judaism and this new movement, which became Christianity.

8. profile image52

Amen!
      Acts 11:18 ("rev"=Gentiles 2"); v19 (previously "preached ONLY 2 Jews"); v22 ("Barnabas sent 2 Antioch 2 tell "rev"=Gentiles 2") v26 ("first called "Christians" at Antioch") 2 distinguish "rev" of "Gentiles 2" r not only Jews!
      Thks Savvy

6. profile image52
    Norine Williamsposted 7 years ago

OH GOD!  I wish you all would “read” the Bible to find out what God says before answering questions!  If “Buddha was a man,” listen to what God says: “Therefore let no man glory in men” (I Corinthians 3:21) and is why I keep telling Maniatta to STOP!  But WHO CARES what GOD SAID?  I always come across as “the bad guy” for giving TRUTH in HIS WORD, but that’s why I’m on HP! 
    Eric, your response violates so many Scriptures and I don’t know if it’s because you haven’t taken the time to “read” the Bible before answering; giving only “your opinion,” or because you refuse to “obey His commands!”  You should view the video on YouTube “Urgent Warning! God showed this man The Judgment Day” wherein a lady posted something on Facebook which lost 300K souls and had to give in account for her actions!
    The “precept doesn’t need to be smashed,” because GOD told men (us) to “Trust in the LORD with ALL our hearts and lean not to “our own” understanding” (Proverbs 3:5), but “your opinion” does!  No matter how “good” a man is (Atheist are “good” too!), he is not GOD!  Atheists are “wise” with “carnal” knowledge, but REMEMEBER; “This is a “Spiritual” Journey!” 
    Did Jesus LOVE “others of other faiths and beliefs?”  If you think HE “LOVED” the Scribes and Pharisees who represented RELIGION, read Matthew Chapter 23!  Based on your analogy, I guess Jesus was “empty!”  If your wife was “visited by Christ,” the Holy Spirit will “work” in her life IF she “Repents” from her beliefs in Buddha which I see you guys have not done by “holding on to many traditions that are Buddhist in origin…” in your home!  You can’t serve two masters!  I Corinthians 10:21 [paraphrasing] “You can’t eat at the Lord’s table and Satan’s!”
    You mentioned “A Book of Wisdom that was omitted from the Bible” and asked, “If this is true, and it is, then how are we to eschew any source of wisdom?”  Have you not read John 14:26; 16:13?  Did Jesus not say that HE would “lead and guide us into ALL TRUTH?”  You must not believe in the Holy Spirit?  How then can you “proclaim” to be a Christian? You mentioned “doctors!” Yes, they’re knowledgeable in the (carnal/physical) field, but as you say they “Have nothing to do with Christ” (Spirit)! 
    No, not because they think “Buddha is God, but because they “worship or glorify man” (Buddha) and in doing so, they defy GOD’S WORD!  "You can’t eat at the Lord’s table and Satan’s” or man’s!  GOD SAID “Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart,” HE didn't say "Trust in your brain!"

1. profile image52

Eric, How could Jesus have been "a Christian" when we ("Christians" aka man) "fall short" (Rm 3:23) but HE was "w/o sin" (II Cor 5:21)?
      Yes, GET JUNK OUT! I could have witchdoctor based on  "race/class deal!"

7. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Short answer, no.
    Buddhism = impersonal god, Buddha is messenger but not messiah
    Christianity = personal god, Jesus is the son of god and messenger

1. profile image52

Explain I Tim 3:16?
      "GOD was "manifested in the flesh"..."believed on in the world, received up into glory?"   "And "without controversy," great is the mystery of godliness...?"
      What does this mean?

8. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 7 years ago

You can be whatever you want to be.  It is your life and your spiritual journey. 

Christians can't even agree amongst themselves what being a "proper" Christian means, so I don't see how it's logical to follow anyone else's definition but your own.

I'm an atheist but I've called myself Christian and I've called myself Buddhist in the past.  I love exploring my beliefs.  I've never felt tied down by labels or felt that I needed to commit myself to something for the rest of my life because I am always, always growing and learning. 

At the end of the day only YOU know what you believe in your heart to be the truth.  Only YOU know how you relate to any given religion.  So no one else can tell you what you can and cannot believe.  People might be sticklers about the labels but I honestly don't think the labels matter, do they?  I tend to think the smartest people reject being stuffed into a one-size-fits-all box, anyway.

1. profile image52

Provide a book w/more accurate fulfilled prophecies, then tell one they should believe what they like & what GOD ("label") SAID doesn't matter!
      Yes, you "grew" ("logically") but not "Spiritually!"
      Tell GOD we don't belong in "a 1-sz-fits-all-box!

2. Aime F profile image70
      Aime Fposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Norine, take your preaching elsewhere.  You seem to have an unhealthy compulsion.  Not everyone has to believe the exact same things that you do, why don't you focus on your own stuff & let other people come to their own conclusions?

3. profile image52

Aime, I'm not talking to u but that DEMON u have allowed possess u:  U DEFY WORD!  Matt 28:19 "TEACH ALL NATIONS!" 
      GOD created us & told us what to do via Bible!
      IF u don't BELIEVE, so be it; u've come to ur "conclusion!"

4. Ericdierker profile image46

Aime, it is such a wonderful thing that though much the same we are all different. If we truly celebrate others then we must first respect them which can only come from learning about them. I sure am glad life is a journey instead of a place.

5. profile image52

Eric, this is a "Spiritual" journey (Gal 5:16)! Therefore, our "spirits" are not the same!  Satan possessed even "Peter" (Matt16:23)! I don't know Aime fm Adam but I do know she's allowed possession by speaking AGAINST WORD as "Peter!"

6. Aime F profile image70

Apparently not "so be it" because you're still talking to me about it after I've asked you not to. You can tell me I'm possessed or lost or whatever all you'd like but those words are meaningless to me, so don't bother. You do you, let me do me.

7. Ericdierker profile image46

Seems that as we are given the ability to listen to and learn from somethings. We have the corresponding right not to listen and learn from other things.

8. profile image52

Aime: Girl, u've "done" u; BUT "His hand is still stretched out" (Isaiah)!

Savvy:  They "think" I "know it all," but as I told the Dr, I'm "growing" too & love interaction w/BELIEVERS (saints) who "study" HIS WORD!

9. profile image58
      KingdomComeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Aime an anti-christ atheist  in it's best form.

10. Aime F profile image70

Oooh, in its best form!  I'll take that as a compliment.  Thanks.

11. profile image58

Aime- Well, of course YOU would take it as a compliment. There no surprise there.

12. Aime F profile image70

Just to clarify, are you being snippy with me because I encourage people to think for themselves and let others do the same? Or because I don't want someone to waste their time preaching at me?

13. profile image52

Aime: If GOD SAID "Lean not 2 your OWN understanding" (Prov3:5) & u say "think for yourself;" what r we (Blvrs) 2 say when WORD says "U can't serve 2 masters" (I Cor 10:21)? We def what we BLV!
      Eric:U've exercised that "rt" not "listening" 2 GOD

14. profile image58

Aime- preaching to the spawn of satan is clearly a waste of time.

9. profile image52
    peter565posted 7 years ago

Hmm...technically it is a bit difficult, Buddhist doctrine don't have a problem with Christian, but Christian doctrine is kinda different.

John 4:1-3 [Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.]

John 2:22 [Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.]

So, according to the bible anything that is not subject to Christ, contradict Christ, not from Christ or independent from Christ, to be satanic, which the bible accuse it of been false, evil, lies, demonic. So, alternative religion such as Buddhism and Hindu, according to the bible is satanic and to follow such religion, make u a satanist, if u follow believe such as evolution and earth is over 6000 years, that make u a follower of satanic value, if u went to a public high school rather then Catholic school, u attend a satanic institution.

The bible teach many problematic stuff, but also good stuff, my advice will follow good aspect of bible teaching, but stay away from the bad teachings. Buddhism, is much better and to the best of my knowledge, its teaching got no problem (and hopefully I am right.)

1. profile image52

"Buddhism, is much better and to the best of my knowledge, its teaching got no problem (and hopefully I am right.)!"  SORRY - You're WRONG according to the CREATOR! Yes, I'm sure MOST "hope u're right," for it satisfies the "flesh"but Gal 1:6-9!

2. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Those verses do not use the word "Satanic." They are referring primarily to those who say they represent Christ, but who are inauthentic.
      This has nothing to do with Buddhism, which does not make that claim.

3. profile image52

I Jn 2:22 "say they rep Christ" (GOD)=ALL RELIGIONS! v19! "went out fm us but not of us!" Don't ALL say they serve GOD (2Kgs17:29-41) & have prophets/messengers (IJn4:1-3)? 
      Buddhism says "no Creator"=ANTICHRIST!

10. profile image58
    KingdomComeposted 7 years ago

If you where a true disciple of Christ you wouldn't ask a stupid question like this. And for those who don't like my answer, I don't care about your opinion.

1. profile image52

You go Kingdom Come!  Has she not "studied" Scripture?  But that's why we're here KC, to "teach!" 
      So get BUSY!

11. PlanksandNails profile image81
    PlanksandNailsposted 7 years ago

The plain fact is Buddhists bow to and adore statues of Buddha, a graven image.

The Bible strictly prohibits worshipping, or even the act of BOWING to any image of anything. We read in Exodus 20:4-5, “Thou shalt not make unto thee any GRAVEN IMAGE, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I am Yahweh thy God am a jealous God"

“I am Yahweh: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to GRAVEN IMAGES.” - Isaiah 42:8

In this link are 100 different titles and descriptions of of Buddha.
    http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?tit … for_Buddha

# 1 is all-seeing
    # 36 is God of gods

The believe in Buddhism is to attain enlightenment and be released from the cycle of rebirth and death, thus attaining Nirvana.   

To believe in the Way of Christ is to love Yahweh by following in the example of Yahshua and the Apostles by spreading the Gospel of the Kingdom so that others may also be saved.

To answer your question.
    No, one cannot be a Buddhist and a follower of Christ at the same time. They are incompatible.

Jesus said to him, "I AM THE WAY, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me. - John 14:6

How narrow is the GATE, and restricted is the way that leads to life! Few are those who find it. - Matthew 7:14

Notice that gate is singular that leads to life.

1. profile image52

Amen! Amen! Amen!

The gate sure is "singular!" 

JESUS SAID (speaking through Paul), "If we preached ANY other gospel, we are "ACCURSED" (Gal 1:6-9) which makes "other gate" even "broader!"

12. Gina Welds-Hulse profile image88
    Gina Welds-Hulseposted 7 years ago

I have truly enjoyed, at at times, marveled at the discussion that took place here.  I want to thank all of you who participated.  Please look out for a hub that I will be writing called How Buddhism makes me a better Christian.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)