jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If a movie is in 3D and 2D, Do you find it difficult to buy the 2D ticket?

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

If a movie is in 3D and 2D, Do you find it difficult to buy the 2D ticket?

These days more and more "event movies" such as Fantasy/Sci-Fi, Comic book hero movies are released in 2D, 3D, and IMAX formats. In some instances 3D/IMAX. With the upcoming arrival of Star Wars, Avengers,Jurassic Park, Batman VS Superman, and Avatar sequels planned for the next couple of years....etc If you are a (movie theatre goer) and you were presented with all of these formats. Which format would you select? Would you choose to see the movie in 2D/traditional format to save money? or for any other reason?

2. ILoveLegosToo profile image80
    ILoveLegosTooposted 3 years ago

I find 3D movies make me nauseous, so I stick with 2D.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

It's not really fair of me to answer because I physically cannot see 3D (it's an eye issue from when I was young). So, trying to wear 3D glasses gives me a headache and makes me nauseous. However, I feel like even if I could, I would still prefer the 2D version. Most reviews say that the 3D conversion is a hack-job at best, leaving truly good 3D movies (like Avatar) a rarity. Plus, I'm cheap. When I buy TV shows on Amazon, I'm not even willing to pay the extra dollar for HD, and I CAN see that.

4. Link10103 profile image75
    Link10103posted 3 years ago

Not at all.

3d costs alot more than 2d. I am stingy, especially since I am watching the same exact movie.

Now if someone else was paying for it...no problem big_smile

5. DealForALiving profile image95
    DealForALivingposted 3 years ago

Honestly, if you just want to see the movie in 2D then wait for it to be available on DVD or Blu-Ray. Treat yourself and get the 3D experience.