A Justice League movie is officially confirmed

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 10 years ago

According to clever movies on youtube, it's been confirmed that there will be a justice league movie after "batman vs. superman" film.  Apparently, "Batman vs. Superman" will lead into "Justice League", and both movies will be shot back to back.  Meaning Zack Snyder will be directing both movies.  Anyways, what are your thoughts on this?  Are you excited?  Or do you feel like they're rushing things?  Please share your thoughts with us.

1. AnastasiaMcGowan profile image60
      AnastasiaMcGowanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am half excited and half disappointed because I feel like at this point they are only doing it to compete with Marvel because why do a JL movie when you haven't established the other founding members such as flash, GL, Aquaman etc.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can see what you're saying, but we have to look at this from a business perspective.  If you look at WB's track record of all the superhero movies that didn't feature batman or superman, then you'll notice they all flopped for various reasons.  Sure you can make up all the excuses you want on why films such as steel, green lantern, cat woman, and supergirl bombed, but the reality is they all still flopped.  Hence, it's kind of expected why wb is kind of gunshy about doing solo films first before justice league. 

Also even if they do try to replicate what marvel did, i think they might also be scared that people will automatically say they're ripping off marvel; hence they're trying to do it in their own way that's different than how marvel did it.

I personally think it's too early to tell.  I know one person i talked to about this brought up a great point about how not everyone who saw the avengers necessarily watched all the other solo movies leading up to it.  I think it's possible that they can get away with this, but at the same time, the justice league movie isn't going to have the hype going into it like the avengers did because they had years to build up hype for it.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

Not surprising...DC's hoping to kickstart an "Avengers" style mega franchise.

3. Meisjunk profile image74
    Meisjunkposted 10 years ago

I'm so excited about this!

Has anyone been following the show Arrow? The show brings on a bunch of characters from the DC universe, and I'm hoping that they'll all be the same actors in the Justice League movie.

Also! Flash has gone through his accident in Arrow. He's currently in a coma, but I've heard that he also is going to get his own series.

So yeah, DC is doing a hard comeback, but unlike the Marvel universe, they're accomplishing a lot via tv series. smile

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 10 years agoin reply to this

that would be interesting if they went that route.  It's a shame that fox's gotham city won't be part of the dccu continuity.

1. AnastasiaMcGowan profile image60
        AnastasiaMcGowanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

DC's Arrow is such a great show I can not wait for the Flash show. I am also looking forward to Gotham.

2. profile image0
      hlwarposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can't stomach some of the character alterations in "Arrow". I guess I'm an old-school purist, but that is not Roy Harper to me. Not at all. (Then again, DC did him a great injustice by deleting his history for New 52 and giving him a whole new personality. Forever their whipping boy...)

4. profile image0
    hlwarposted 10 years ago

I knew it was coming—and fast—after all the casting going into "Batman vs. Superman" so I'm not surprised. I'm not excited, since I never hold out much hope for comic book movies being solidly good. But I'm interested to see how it goes.

It seems to me DC is wisely using their two box-office powerhouses (Superman and Batman) as the doorway to introduce other characters, and I can understand why they would immediately follow-up with a JLA movie instead of putting the funds, effort, and hopes into solo projects. After all, it's already a given those powerhouses (still Cavill and Affleck) will be founding the League.

Which is, I'm hoping, what this first JLA movie will be about: the founding of the League. DC has been after a new generation of fans, so it wouldn't be unlike what they did with their DCAU: bridging the gap after "Flashpoint Paradox", they re-introduced us to the League in "War"—and using the updated New 52 characterizations (Superman's demeanor is now so "modernized" just like in "Man of Steel".)

Then once the League is founded and they introduce the heavy hitters to the world, I'm sure we can expect some solo films to continue the legacy, with perhaps several character cross-overs as well as more JLA movies. It could work.

I just want wish they would focus on story and characters first and foremost. These days Hollywood is more concerned with making CGI blockbusters, putting more effort into flying fight sequences and things blowing up, rather than quality dialogue and deep character moments. hmm

5. Alphadogg16 profile image86
    Alphadogg16posted 10 years ago

I've always been more of a Marvel Buff personally, but it does make a lot of sense. Marvel has had sensational hit after hit with Iron man, Wolverine, Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers was simply awesome. DC needs a response team (in my Nick Fury voice) lol..... I think its a good idea, Hopefully the movie will be good.

6. profile image0
    Jayfortposted 9 years ago

As a reader of DC Comics since 1965, their decision to ram through their DC New 52 reboot/restart totally soured me on the company and their characters. As science fiction author Robert A. Heinlein used to say about authors and readers: 'Authors compete for their readers' beer money. If a reader likes the author's stories, he or she will spend their beer money on those stories. If they don't like the author's stories, they'll go back to buying beer!"

The only DC Comics I buy since September 2011 are their Showcase Presents black and white reprints of the 50s/60s/70s/80s and the occasional back issue. I have not and will not see any of their movies or television programs after that time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)