jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Ever wondered if a particular reality show or program was more fake than real? W

1. Jemjoseph profile image71
    Jemjosephposted 3 years ago

Ever wondered if a particular reality show or program was more fake than real? What show & why?

I'm beginning to think that almost all reality shows and programs are more fake than real especially talk shows like Maury, Jerry Springer, the Steve Wilkos show.
    Even with shows I enjoyed like "Catfish the TV Show" and "Bar Rescue" sooner or later a poorly concealed mike, or a scenario that seems completely impossible, staged or scripted comes up and it kills the show for me.
    What reality shows / programs make you wonder if, or convince you that they're more fake than real and why?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11838782_f260.jpg

2. Link10103 profile image75
    Link10103posted 3 years ago

The only way for a reality show to be more real than fake is for them to be filmed without them knowing.

Since that's obviously illegal for the most part, i dont view the "reality" part of the show to be actual reality.

1. Jemjoseph profile image71
      Jemjosephposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ok I understand your point, I had the impression that once a legal release was signed afterwords in exchange for payment that such filming would be acceptable.

2. Link10103 profile image75
      Link10103posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I meant that they have absolutely no idea they are being filmed, at all. That is the only way any reality show could be considered reality, to me anyway. Something like that would be illegal though I think.

working