jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is the news/media becoming entertainment for people?

1. profile image60
    Kathleen Moralesposted 3 years ago

Is the news/media becoming entertainment for people?

With the tragic chaos happening in Ferguson, the newscasters seemed bored, or distant...

2. greenteatravels profile image77
    greenteatravelsposted 3 years ago

I certainly don't find it boring! Not that I like seeing the violence and disillusionment, but if it's happening I want to know about it.

1. profile image60
      Kathleen Moralesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You bet! I want to know whats happening too! Truthfully. Just that when the media is there filming an assault, then film the getaway/chase not helping/stopping the assault. All for the "news". Thank you!  Waves!

3. AngelaO profile image61
    AngelaOposted 3 years ago

I think many sources of information are taken as news; Huffington post for example. Many people think Huffpost is a news source, but it's actually run by bloggers/journalists. Inevitably, plenty of non-newsworthy stuff creeps through.

I'm often surprised at some things that make the news, so I guess one could say that it's quite possibly becoming entertainment, of sorts.

1. profile image60

I didn't know that about the Huffington post. The side "news" and the "cute" banter is boring most of the time. Gimme news! Thanks for your answer! Waves!

4. definitions profile image59
    definitionsposted 3 years ago

The media is there to provide a place for advertisers to promote their various goods and services.

1. profile image60

Isn't it more than that? It just seems that the news is trying for a  sensational story rather that be informative. Thank you for your answer.

working