Do You Love Movies? And Why?

1. mastergreen profile image79
    mastergreenposted 3 years ago

Do You Love Movies? And Why?

Why do you love movies? If you do love it, there must be some reason. You might not have thought about it before so just think about it. There is something there that makes you like it. So what do you think. Do You Love Movies? And Why?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

It probably goes back to my early childhood during the 60s & 70s.
    There weren't any multiplex cinemas. We had huge movie theaters with 4 inch deep carpet down the aisles, there were chandeliers hanging from the ceilings, there were balconies, the smell of fresh buttered popcorn, the ushers would carry a flashlight and help customers find a seat if they arrived when it was dark.
    Like a lot of little kids we'd run down and sit in the first row with our heads titled back munching on our goodies and waiting in anticipation. Being in the front row made everything bigger than life.
    After the lights went down "the magic" began as the heavy curtains slowly opened up to reveal a gigantic screen. Oftentimes there would be a "double feature" (two movies for the price of one) or they'd show short cartoon. We were so focused on the screen unlike watching TV.
    Even now I still miss those old large movie theatres.
    As an adult I still enjoy going to see movies even though the experience has changed very much. When compared to going to see a play, concert, or other forms of entertainment a movie is still among one of the best bargains especially if you catch a matinee.
    Nothing beats seeing a "great movie", having dinner afterwards, and discussing various plot elements with friends. Movies in some ways are the literature of our day. People don't read as many books as they used to. A two hour unplugged escape from "the real world" is nice.

1. mastergreen profile image79
      mastergreenposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Incredible response.

working