jump to last post 1-23 of 23 discussions (23 posts)

Spoiler alert! If someone tells you how a movie ends, do you still want to see i

1. Danette Watt profile image84
    Danette Wattposted 6 years ago

Spoiler alert! If someone tells you how a movie ends, do you still want to see it?

2. Matt in Jax profile image68
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

The majority of the time I still want to see it...but I must punch that person who spoiled it later. Nothing worse than that.

3. theiconmurphy profile image61
    theiconmurphyposted 6 years ago

Yes. I'd still want to see the movie because there's so much other things to see than an ending.

4. Roger Rabbit profile image58
    Roger Rabbitposted 6 years ago

It depends on the type of movie it is. If it's some typical special effects action movie or if it is a thriller with a nice twist. It will bother me either way because all I'll be doing is thinking of the ending the whole time. I'd probably still watch the action flick though.

5. DavitosanX profile image73
    DavitosanXposted 6 years ago

I would see it, but I wouldn't be able to enjoy as much.

6. profile image51
    lightpeakposted 6 years ago

I will not see, I will save my money !!!

7. profile image53
    SteveAstonposted 6 years ago

Absolutely, some movies people watch over and over again despite knowing almost every scene by heart.  Knowing the outcome of something doesn't necessarily detract from one's enjoyment of the actual event.

8. yiasa profile image60
    yiasaposted 6 years ago

weLL obviously because then I'll know that in this that movie won't end for sure.

9. sangre profile image96
    sangreposted 6 years ago

Yes, if it was a movie I really really wanted to see. I don't mind spoilers on movies I know I would never watch mind you....

10. rishisab profile image55
    rishisabposted 6 years ago

Yes, because its not the destination but the journey that matters.

11. profile image0
    easilymistaken4posted 6 years ago

Yes I would still want to see it to form my own opinion on the movie

12. profile image0
    BentleyMomposted 6 years ago

If it is a movie with lots of twists and turn then I might not, part of the fun for those movies are trying to figure it out before the end. Most other movies I would still watch.

13. Ancillotti profile image60
    Ancillottiposted 6 years ago

No, no and no. If I'm in the mood to watch a movie and tell me the end will not see it and still feel very angry that the person said.

14. seoever profile image60
    seoeverposted 6 years ago

yes i will see it. After i have pay for it man. I would surely watch each and every second. lol

15. napzanata profile image62
    napzanataposted 6 years ago

Yup but should be over movie !!... so the Director could come up wid something never thought by mankind

16. budgetstudent profile image52
    budgetstudentposted 6 years ago

Yes, knowing how it ends wouldn't spoil the story of how we got to that ending

17. Rgerard profile image57
    Rgerardposted 6 years ago

Yes, movies are a distraction... for me at least. If the 2 hours of cinematic adventuring through the eyes of someone else are entertaining, Id gladly hear what happens in the last five minutes.

18. SheZoe profile image59
    SheZoeposted 6 years ago

yes. i like to know the end from the beginning. it doesn't detract from the suspense of how it unfolds for me and then i can be prepared for it. every once in a while i'm glad i didn't know the end. Like in sixth sense. That movie would have been ruined if i had known the end.

19. Adventure Colorad profile image83
    Adventure Coloradposted 6 years ago

Yes, most of the time.  If it was a movie I wasn't real interested in to begin with and find out the end was dissapointing, I might not see it.  Otherwise I will still watch it, there is a lot more to a movie than just the ending.

20. Kaniel Loughran profile image58
    Kaniel Loughranposted 6 years ago

I probably would, yes. I would not, however, enjoy it nearly as much. The only exception would be if the spoiler alert actually alerted me to how poor the film was and how farfetched the ending was, in which case I would thank the person who spoiled it and go see something else.

21. Happyboomernurse profile image84
    Happyboomernurseposted 6 years ago

Yes, unless it was a mystery in which case knowing the ending would spoil it for me. As I generally prefer to watch comedies and romances where happy endings are the norm, it usually doesn't matter if I know the ending.

22. shellyakins profile image70
    shellyakinsposted 6 years ago

The best part of a movie (or book) is the anticipation of the ending, predicting what's going to happen and seeing if I'm right.  If someone tells me what happens, I really don't want to see the movie anymore.

23. Tim Quam profile image61
    Tim Quamposted 4 years ago

Sure.  I think the magic of the cinema is to take you into another world.  The ending is the death of that experience.  For me, the third act is the least enjoyable.  That's when it all crumbles.