jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Question about violent video games on HubPages?

1. Niko Linni profile image86
    Niko Linniposted 3 years ago

Question about violent video games on HubPages?

Well, as anyone who's checked out my hub knows, I do a lot of posts on video games. So of course the question becomes: Is HubPages okay with violent video games? Things like say Mortal Kombat, House of the Dead, Call of Duty, Warhammer 40,000, etc. I've seen some hubs already doing topics like Call of Duty: Black Ops' Zombies mode, but I want to double check on this. Especially if I'm thinking about enabling adsense on my Hubs. Don't want to put the time/effort into a Hub only for it to get blocked for zombie violence.

2. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

It all depends on the language you use. Don't curse and don't describe violence/sex in any great detail and your hub won't get blocked. Also, you would want to avoid posting images from the game that could get flagged for similar reasons. But, people write about horror movies all the time on HP so M-rated games shouldn't be a problem.

1. Niko Linni profile image86
      Niko Linniposted 3 years agoin reply to this

What would you say about embedding gameplay of such a video game? The one I had in mind was the 1990's game House of the Dead.

Screenshots should be easy to navigate around, though.

2. M. T. Dremer profile image95
      M. T. Dremerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If it's from a website HP trusts (like youtube) then I can't imagine you would have any problems. Just include a disclaimer to cover your bases.

3. Zelkiiro profile image96
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

If I can do a hub about Kill la Kill, with its absurd amount of partial nudity (surely the greatest sin of them all), and not be immediately struck by lightning, then I don't think anyone will bat an eye at any of those.

working