Trying to identify an Anime from the 1970's

1. Zakmoonbeam profile image93
    Zakmoonbeamposted 3 years ago

Trying to identify an Anime from the 1970's

Or perhaps the very early 1980's? I really don't have much to go on I'm afraid, but it was Sci-Fi, pretty sure it had robots in it as well a humanoid characters. They were on a journey / quest and this may be the best clue, there was a disturbing scene (Remember, I was young!) where a large guy with a beard or moustache was gunning down teddy bears in a room(or cute bears of some kind) with what looked like an M-60 Machine gun.

This has been driving me NUTS! Please, if anyone can help I would really appreciate it smile

2. Zelkiiro profile image95
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Wow, the 70s are most definitely not my specialty. It's refreshing to see a fan even more old-school than I am, but man am I out of my element here. The only shows I know of with giant robots from the pre-Mobile Suit Gundam days are Macross--also known in the States as Robotech--and Mazinger Z. Maybe it's one of those?

3. Zakmoonbeam profile image93
    Zakmoonbeamposted 2 years ago

It's Space Firebird 2772, found it eventually after a great answer from another forum. I was absolutely gob-smacked that someone could identify it!!