jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What was your favorite cartoon growing up? And what do you think of modern day

1. bluesradio profile image76
    bluesradioposted 2 years ago

What was your favorite cartoon growing up?  And what do you think of modern day cartoons?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Far and away, my favorites were the Looney Tunes - Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety and Sylvester, Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner, etc. Disney 'toons were always too sweet/syrupy for me. Looney Tunes had a bit of a mean streak that I found hilarious.
    I can't really comment on modern day cartoons because aside from "The Simpsons" and my kids occasionally watching "Spongebob" (which I can take or leave) I don't see many of them.

bluesradioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, among my favorites are Bugs, Road Runner, Tweety, and Froghorn Longhorn and Pepe Le Pew...

3. Zelkiiro profile image96
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

Growing up, my favorite cartoons were Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life. I was also really fond of Dexter's Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls, Ed Edd & Eddy, Johnny Bravo, and Samurai Jack. However, if Daria counts for the purpose of this thread (and I don't see why it shouldn't), it would be far and away the 1st Place winner.

If you asked me how I felt about modern cartoons a few years ago, I would have predicted nothing but doom and gloom, but with truly excellent shows like Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Bob's Burgers, and Rick & Morty having come out just in the past few years, cartoons are better now than they've probably ever been. Phenomenal stuff coming out right now.

bluesradioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes Ren and Stimpy were kind of cool, and I also like Family Guy.....and I would agree there are some cartoons out there...

working