jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Do you agree with petitioning Rotten Tomatoes due to the bad review they gave "S

1. Aldous Orwell profile image79
    Aldous Orwellposted 18 months ago

Do you agree with petitioning Rotten Tomatoes due to the bad review they gave "Suicide Squads?"

In place of a hub this week, I wanted to know your opinion on if we should sign a petition against Rotten Tomatoes for them giving the movie "Suicide Squad" a bad review (and I mean bad).

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13132597_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 18 months ago

What the angry Suicide Squad fanboys don't seem to realize is that Rotten Tomatoes doesn't actually review films themselves -  they collect and observe the reviews given by prominent film critics, averages them out and assigns each film a numerical rating based on those results.
    ...so shutting down R.T. would be pointless. There will still be film critics, and they will still give films bad reviews.
    ...besides, there's always the chance that "Suicide Squad" really does suck. big_smile

1. ptosis profile image81
      ptosisposted 18 months agoin reply to this

I understand RT  rating come fro people such as you and I

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
      FatFreddysCatposted 18 months agoin reply to this

I think they factor in everyone's opinions - the pros and the Joe Schmoes.

3. Aldous Orwell profile image79
      Aldous Orwellposted 18 months agoin reply to this

I agree. From what I understand, a lot of people look at R.T. scores when deciding to see a movie. Personally, if the movie has a bad R.T. and I have heard bad things about a movie then I won't see it in theaters, i.e.the new x-men movie for me.

3. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 18 months ago

I think the whole thing is silly. This is the type of film that doesn't usually do well with critics, but will probably do well at the box office. The people who are looking forward to this film aren't going to be swayed by Rotten Tomatoes, and if it's any good, the word of mouth will cancel out bad reviews.

Also, while the critics have seen the film, it hasn't opened yet. It could be really bad---but not bad enough for the studio to refuse to do pre-screening for critics. So, the fans are starting a petition without ever having seen the film.

working