jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Bill Paxton dead at age 61. Does it seem like more people are dying before age 7

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 14 months ago

Bill Paxton dead at age 61. Does it seem like more people are dying before age 70?

I remember him in "Twister", "Titanic", "A Simple Plan", "Apollo 13", Tombstone",and "Big Love" among other performances. By most accounts it appears he was a nice guy. Just goes to show you can't take any time for granted. Feels like 70 is the new 90!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13424186_f260.jpg

2. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 13 months ago

Actually Dashing....We know about untimely deaths, largely due to their celebrity/fame status, via the media.  Other than these individuals, on a personal level, we're only aware of a few in our immediate area or circle of associates.  Unless we research worldwide statistics on deaths in terms of age, we can't know what the near-accurate numbers are.
    Paxton seems to be an exception to the majority of "young celebrity deaths," since it appears the vast majority of those are due to "lifestyle."/drugs, etc. Give us 5 minutes and we can list hundreds,(just in our lifetime)....Marylin Monroe, Judy Garland, Michael Jackson, Philip C, Hoffman, Amy Winehouse, Robin Williams, Anna Nicole, Whitney Houston, her young daughter.... (even those that were ultimately listed as "suicides," were in reality, accidental overdoses)
    Just by chance, every once in a while, if you scan the obituaries, 90% of the deaths are very elderly, as in the late 90's!  It has occurred to me that people are actually living much longer these days, due to the availability of modern medicine. 
    There's also the fact that longevity is varied per country.  Obviously 3rd world countries are plagued with unlimited issues that make it hazardous to simply get past infancy. 
    In any event, when you ask this question, I'd have to think that it can make us wonder if more people are dying younger, but within the big picture, these are questions we really need to investigate and research.
    Very good question, dashing.  Bad timing for me....I'm in no mood to go on a discovery today!!  LOL....But this is definitely one of those great questions that sparks an energetic individual to write a fascinating Hub!!
    Go for it, Hubbers!!  (I'm going back to bed!)   Peace, Paula

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Unfortunately I have known non-celebrity people who suddenly dropped dead in their 40s and 50s. As for celebrities Carrie Fisher was also 61, David Bowie & Alan Thicke were 69. Michael Landon, Patrick Swayze and Steve Jobs were in their 50s..etc

2. fpherj48 profile image77
      fpherj48posted 13 months agoin reply to this

There sure is a LOT of them! We could list all day!  I too have known far too many who have died young quite suddenly....(accidents too)  It isn't always illness or heart attack.My adult sons have even lost friends! Every moment is PRECIOUS!

3. fpherj48 profile image77
      fpherj48posted 13 months agoin reply to this

This is getting too depressing, dashing....sad  I'm outta here!   Let's change the mood & do some living!!   smile

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 13 months agoin reply to this

I agree! We have to make the most of every day.
      Live in the moment! smile

working