jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the most iconic American dessert and why?

1. Luz Cortez profile image61
    Luz Cortezposted 6 months ago

What is the most iconic American dessert and why?

I personally believe it's doughnuts they're easy for on the go and iconic because of the Simpsons.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 months ago

Depends on where you live. In the southern US I'd say it is cobbler, or maybe a pecan pie. I can't say for other regions.

3. Cleo Burch profile image83
    Cleo Burchposted 6 months ago

I would have to say that down south, it's pie. For America as a whole, however, it would probably have to be doughnuts paired with coffee.

4. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 6 months ago

Luz....LOL, DONUTS?  Hello, donuts do not fall under the category of "desserts!!"   When was the last time you had dinner in someone's home and they served donuts for dessert?  Check any and every menu ever printed and I am certain that "donuts" are not listed under DESSERTS!  They may be on the menu & available during the breakfast and/or lunch times.....but donuts are basically a breakfast food, especially as an accompaniment to coffee, tea and Hot chocolate.  The Simpsons can do what they want....they're make- believe and very weird.  LOL
    As for an iconic American dessert......ever heard the expression "It's as American as Apple Pie ?"....and some people change that original expression  to Blueberry Pie  or Cherry Pie, etc.  It's safe to say "Pie" qualifies as an iconic American dessert. 
    If one suffers from an incurable sweet tooth,dessert can be anything!  Yeah, I suppose if you INSIST...even donuts!  LOL

working