DC and Warner Bros. The Flash chokes a woman. Thoughts?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 4 years ago

Ezra Miller aka the Flash, from the Justice League film, has allegedly choked a woman.  I haven't found much details about this situation yet, but apparently non binary actor, Ezra Miller, went up to a woman and asked her if she wanted to fight, and then choked her while someone was recording the entire incident.  Granted, the woman may have provoked him somehow.  I don't know.  Again, i don't know the full details of this story, but I will say this much though.   If Ezra Miller's intentions of attacking this woman were for any other reason than self defense, which it doesn't seem like it was based on what was shown on film, I think this looks bad for not only Ezra Miller, but Warner Bros as well. 

Regardless though if I'm the CEO of Warner Bros, or the company that currently owns them in AT&T, then I'm recasting the Flash for the movies effective immediately as you don't want your DC brand tied to something like this, but that's just me.  What are your thoughts? 

Here's a brief video clip of the incident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcK9hQlOYSI

Edit:  Never mind.  It was just confirmed by Variety that Ezra Miller did in fact choke that woman at a bar.   Welp that only confirms my opinions then that he needs to be recast from both the Flash role and the role he has in Fantastic Beasts effective immediately.  hmm   

Here's a link to the variety article that goes into more detail about the situation, as the altercation happened on april 1, 2020 of this year oddly enough.  seriously why isn't he at home quarantining like the rest of us?  Sheesh freaking celebrities. hmm 

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/ezra … 234571800/

2. Live to Learn profile image59
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

I'm not advocating people choke each other but we have got to find a way to move away from ruining people's lives over every social stumble. We aren't in China under some social credit system.

People are imperfect. All people. We all make mistakes. Let's make them learning experiences and not use them to punish with no chance for redemption.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't disagree with you as I think it's ridiculous how people can't let things go sometimes.  Heck i still have people dating back 20 years ago that want me dead over some childish idiotic mistakes I made in the past even though I've left them alone for decades, they still hate my guts.  I won't go into detail about it but I'm just putting that into context as to why I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. 

However the problem is people get fired from positions all the time for significantly less than what Ezra Miller did.    Last year before the coronavirus situation escalated, a person that was working for the Marriott hotel liked a tweet that congratulating Tibet for it's independence.   I'm dead serious too.    As in the person who got fired didn't make the tweet but merely saw it on Twitter and pushed the like button on said tweet he read and the Marriott hotel fired him over that.  Granted he liked the tweet using the Marriott hotels official account versus his own private one but still.   He was fired over that mistake.    And keep in mind this is an American based company as well and I'm sure we both can agree that liking a tweet is insignificant compared to choking person.  Therefore why should Ezra Miller be given a pass and a chance to redeem himself?   

Why?   The guy fired from the Marriott never got a chance.   He was just outright fired because the hotel wanted to save their own asses so why should Ezra Miller get a chance when so many others that did far less than he did weren't afforded the same opportunity?

3. Kyler J Falk profile image82
    Kyler J Falkposted 4 years ago

Going to have to say that I have no soft spot for celebrities, and even less care for the stupidity in which they embroil themselves. If they are celebrity status enough for long-term gain by Hollywood, they could rape someone and Hollywood would cradle their career so as to nurse it back to health.

Should he be recast? I so don't care as I don't pay for movies anyways. Yes, I file share everything I watch because I watch maybe one movie per month. Either way, unless Ezra "I'm not a gender" Miller owns my daily protein powder supplement company, he has no direct/indirect support from me.

1. profile image0

That's a very fair point honestly.   To be honest there are other reasons I'm saying Ezra Miller needs to be recast as this is just the last straw or should be if I was running Warner Bros.   

Most people don't know this, as the media rarely talks about this crap when it comes to Ezra, but Ezra Miller doesn't have a great reputation in Hollywood as someone who most people get along with.   Heck even gal Gadot, the girl playing wonder woman, didn't seem that comfortable sitting next to him during their interview together for justice league. 

In fact after justice league, Warner Bros was planning to release a flash film and still are.   However that's been in development hell for years as they've gone through various rewrites of the script and several different directors as well.  Why?

Because all the previous screenwriters and all the previous directors they had previously hired to work on the flash movie stated creative differences with Ezra Miller every time they quit because Ezra kept saying he wouldn't do the flash movie unless it was done his way.   

And each and every time, Warner Bros caved to him and even had him write his own script for the flash movie as well.     

Now you add this incident on top of all the other things Ezra Miller has done and how his flash wasn't even that universally popular among fans anyways, I say just recast him immediately.   Seriously at this point, I don't think anyone would blame them for moving on from him.

1. Kyler J Falk profile image82
        Kyler J Falkposted 4 years agoin reply to this

With their adherence to his demands, as is so often the case, he probably has something on a higher-up, or multiple, that would create more scandal than just letting him be a total rogue element. I mean, the whole non-binary thing alone won him a large following of the most vocal in the world, so you would immediately face a media onslaught for any recasting.

My best guess, if he/she/they/preferred pronoun/whatever pulls something really dastardly, like an anti-non-white/ anti-non-binary tweet, they'll have reason to put pressure on Ezra. Like they did with Roseanne for her late-night, intoxicated twitter tirades.

1. profile image0

He probably does have something on someone like you said as I wouldn't be surprised.    However Hollywood is also a business as well.   And given how much money they're losing due to the mandatory shutdown, Warner Bros can't exactly afford to be linked to any scandals right now as they need their movies to do well once theaters are allowed to reopen.   

But if Ezra Miller does have dirt on one or more wb exec, then they'd essentially be in a no win scenario unless they decided to fire all the execs he had dirt on and Ezra himself but I doubt that would happen.     I'm sure as we speak Warner Bros is probably contemplating how to get rid of him while doing the most minimalist damage as possible.

1. Kyler J Falk profile image82
            Kyler J Falkposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps overload him with a bunch of dead-end side projects, that brings him to negotiate his way out of or to break a non-competitive clause in his contracts? I love this type of speculation, it is a facet of business that revs my engine.

1. profile image0

Or they could just outright cancel both film projects entirely, or push them so far back to where Ezra Miller just leaves both projects on his own.   As I said before, Flash has been in production hell for years, and it's gotten to the point that even movie critics and Hollywood insiders are starting to doubt a Flash movie will ever happen if at all, so they can easily just cancel it outright completely, as I already know AT&T is already looking at various TV and movie projects to cancel to save money, and canceling the Flash can just be one of them as they can easily scapegoat the coronavirus as an excuse that Flash was just one of the movies they had to cut.

As for Fantastic Beasts, the last film didn't do that well from my understanding, and the only reason it's getting another sequel is because of JK Rowling pushing it so hard, but I'm sure Warner Bros. can easily change her mind on that if they made her an offer she couldn't refuse.  Maybe give her half the merchandising rights and just have the rest of the Fantastic Beasts series play out on HBO Max instead.

2. profile image0

I know Henry Cavill for the longest time after Justice League, he's been trying to get another superman movie off the ground starring him, but the problem is he was promised by Warner Bros. that they would give him a raise to play Superman, after Justice League.  However, that was because Warner Bros. thought "Justice League" would make a shit ton of money but it didn't, so they told Cavill if he wanted to do another Superman movie then he would have to take a paycut instead.  Henry Cavill refused, and it's been years since to where it got to the point that Henry Cavill had to get a job on Netflix's the Witcher because WB isn't moving on any new Superman movie which could either mean they don't believe in the ip anymore, or they simply want to wait it out until they can move on from Henry Cavill.  They could easily do the same thing with the Flash too with Ezra Miller.  Yeah it's scheduled to come out on 2022 now, but Wb could just be like "Oh well we had to reshuffle so much of our line up already because of the coronavirus, so we'll have to move back Flash again. Oops we don't have a timeline on when to release it?  Hmmm maybe we should sit on it for a bit."   Or something along those lines.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)