jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)

TEEN WOLF IS BACK!!!!

1. Stevennix2001 profile image91
    Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

For those who remember the classic Teen Wolf movie series that started briefly with Michael J. Fox, during his younger years.  Well, I just found out on MTV today that they plan on doing a remake of the franchise into a tv series geared towards high school and college students.  Apparently, it's not going to be a complete comedy, although there will be some comedic elements to it.  However, according to actress, Crystal Reed who is set to star as the love interest, says that it's actually more of a teen drama.  more along the lines of "true blood."  anyway, i just thought i'd let you all know and see what you folks out there have to say about it.  please discuss.  smile

1. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I used to love that show, but I'm sure they are just going to copy elements of Twilight and destroy the show I once loved. Twilight has taken over the media, I'm afraid. I used to love vampires and werewolves. They were dark and mysterious, scary and sexy... Now they are just drama-filled teenagers. *Sigh*

2. Faybe Bay profile image75
    Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago

I love werewolves and vampires although they apparently don't like each other a bit. I think that's just a Hollywood myth, I bet they get along just fine. Yeah I remember Michael J. Fox. I will probably watch even though I am far from a teenager.

3. Ann Nonymous profile image60
    Ann Nonymousposted 7 years ago

Michael J. Fox rocks...too bad about his health conditions...

I think I remember the show....Thanks for the update, Steven.

4. Stevennix2001 profile image91
    Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

@ann

no problem ann.  plus, it's always nice having fans as sweet as you are.  thank you.

@faybe

yeah, i'll probably check it out too, just see if its good.  personally, it sounds like they're basically just copying the same concept from buffy the vampire slayer.  which is make a tv show remake of a comedy movie, and  turn it into a fantasy based teen drama.  at least to me.  however, i hope it's good  though.

@pani

yeah, i don't disagree with you there.  the sad thing about hollywood is, once something makes a lot of money like Twilight did, then you know there's going to be a lot of tv shows and movies copying it.  kind of sad.  however, we'll have to wait and see i guess.

5. Ohma profile image75
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

Never cared much for the original but The remake might be better.

Stevennix2001posted 7 years agoin reply to this

maybe.  like i said we'll definitely have to wait and see.  smile

6. bat115 profile image78
    bat115posted 7 years ago

What did everyone think of Teen Wolf Too with Jason Bateman?

7. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

They are making a remake? *gag* like the second one wasn't bad enough. They should have just left it with the first one. I enjoyed the first one and no one can beat Michael J. Fox as the teen wolf.

lol.  yeah, i was just thinking the same thing.  lol.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

oh well I know I won't be watching lmao

8. W. Scott Phoenix profile image57
    W. Scott Phoenixposted 7 years ago

Yes, I was supposed to audition for a part, in fact.  Everything fell through at the last minute though.  I was supposed to be the coach.  I was told it was going to be more like "An American Werewolf In London" and not at all like the original movie.

1. bat115 profile image78
      bat115posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear it fell through...  but if it's going to be more like AWIL, I'll be interested in checking it out.

1. W. Scott Phoenix profile image57
        W. Scott Phoenixposted 7 years agoin reply to this

i don't know know for sure but that is what i was told.  i was also told my character might make more than one appearance and that the sport he was coaching wasn't going to be basketball but lacrosse.  Mind you, this information is all a couple months old now.  I pretty much was given the impression it would be a little more darker and serious than the first teen wolf film.

1. NateSean profile image75
          NateSeanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

A darker and more serious "Teen Wolf". We all ready have a "Darker and More Serious" Teen Wolf. It's called New Moon.

You know, there's an idea though. Why not just do another sequel to the Werewolf In London films etc. If Wolfman is such a hit why not go in with that theme?

yeah, but you fail to remember, that Hollywood has a tendency to take whatever works and shove it down everyone's throats with it. 

Kind of like when "Lord of the Rings" became such a huge hit, then you started to see all these other epic war movies like "Troy" and "Narnia."

Or when films like "Spider-Man", "Blade", and "X-Men" became huge hits, that's when you saw Hollywood get all crazy to where now even minor characters like "Ant-Man" are being considered for a live action treatment  right now.

Therefore, since "Twilight" made lots of money, you and I both know there's going to more films like it or at least similar now, since Hollywood is going to try to capitalize on it's popularity.  So why not "Teen Wolf?"  Heck, it makes sense since the main characters are already teens anyway, and it has the settings to be another twilight.  lol.  Besides, if you want to get technical, they're actually ripping off "Buffy The Vampire Slayer."  You see that movie was a comedy, yet the remade series of it was a fantasy teen drama.  It sounds like they're doing the exact same thing with "Teen Wolf."  Taking a comedy, and turning it into a fantasy drama.

1. NateSean profile image75
              NateSeanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh no, I remember it. Heck I'm trying to get my own vampire novel finished because I want to take advantage of the "in" market now so unfortunately I perpetuate it.

Oh well.

lol.  well good luck with that.  i  hope you get your novel out soon.

2. bat115 profile image78
                bat115posted 7 years agoin reply to this

You don't need to be in such a rush! lol, there have always been vampire movies and always will be. Your book may get out there at a time when you'll have the market to yourself, causing the next wave of Vamp flicks.

9. NateSean profile image75
    NateSeanposted 7 years ago

Although this point has essentially been made, a movie is not "Back" if it's remade.

Teen Wolf would be "back" if they say, remastered it and put the original film on the screen the way they've done with Grease and other such films.

Otherwise no. A remake just doesn't count as being "back".

10. Flightkeeper profile image75
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

I've never seen teen wolf.  but I did like the Buffy the Vampire and Angel stuff so if Teen Wolf is along those lines, it might be a lot of fun.

working