jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Shocker - another Bachelor breakup...NOT

1. profile image0
    MilaMonkeysMommaposted 7 years ago

Another Bachelor break up with Jake and Vienna. Why am I not shocked.... I only know of one of these that worked and that was Trista and Ryan. Why do you think people still watch these shows? And do us normal every day people really believe that these people could find love on a show like that?

1. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The Real Question is:
      Who are you to judge what or who is a normal every day person? hmm

1. profile image0
        MilaMonkeysMommaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't fee like I'm judging... I just don't understand the concept of finding love like that. Relationships take time and I don't think going on group dates and being whisked away from the real world helps learn whether you are really compatible with someone or not. You know?

2. Lily Rose profile image82
      Lily Roseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not at all surprising....what the heck was Jake thinking!  He lost my respect when he kept her around and ultimately chose her.  He seemed to be smarter than he actually was.  Think he's enjoying watching Ali now?  LOL!

1. profile image0

I bet he's hating it! I would have chosen Tenley over Vienna any day. I understand she was full of life, etc... but she was also VERY young and had alot to learn. You know?

2. kingis profile image78
    kingisposted 7 years ago

It is amazing is that the show remains on the air but only one of the couples is still together.

1. Lily Rose profile image82
      Lily Roseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are so right!  That SHOULD tell people that the show is a failure, at least as to its "goal" of helping people find love...but somehow the "show" is a success.  I can't say much as I am a fan and I keep watching it anyway...I've only watched for the past couple of years, though, so I never got to see the one "success" season with Trista and Ryan.

1. profile image0

I think it's probably a success because, at least for me, it's fascinating to watch these people when "competing". I'm sure that for alot of them - their personalities get thrown out the window for the win... and of course, the people who choose the contestants are pretty good at making it a wild variety for some interesting situations. Just baffles me and like I said fascinates me.

3. Megavitamin profile image84
    Megavitaminposted 7 years ago

There have been two weddings as a result of The Bachelor franchise:  Trista and Ryan and Jason and Molly (even though she didn't win, they met on the show).  That doesn't exactly bring their success percentage up much, but I thought I'd throw that in.

I think that show can only be used for entertainment purposes.  However, some of the contestants have relationships--not marriage--for a year or more after the show (Jillian & Ed, Charlie & Sarah, That Old Couple).  That's typical of most relationships, no matter how the couple meets.  Some people stay together and some break up.  The fairy tale part of the show is what's garbage. 

It's still fun to watch--like the Jerry Springer show :0)

working