jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (20 posts)

True Blood

1. A la carte profile image59
    A la carteposted 7 years ago

I love this show but heck the ending of the third series has me beat. How are they gonna come back from this with the fourth series.

1. WryLilt profile image93
      WryLiltposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I keep meaning to watch it. I'll start as soon as I finish 200 hubs on this account. big_smile Before I start my manuscript and after I finish uni.

Promise!

2. A la carte profile image59
    A la carteposted 7 years ago

hmmm absolutely terrific...manuscript?

Trying to write the book I have kept telling myself I would. Have been banned from working on it till November... hubby and I both want me to work on earning some decent money off here before working on a long term project.

Short version is written as a hub, "Living with a bipolar mother."

A la carteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

ah ok will have a look at it..as far as money...hmm think I  might...not sure may have miscounted but think  i might have earned 9 cents so far lol

Well you're ahead of most people. Half the members of this site don't seem to be able to get even approved by adsense. big_smile

Don't worry, if you write and write and write, the rest seems to take care of itself.

I'm aiming for $500 total by Xmas and hopefully a lot more than that over the following year. big_smile

read the hub...do you still suffer from depression

On occasion. The rest of the time I enjoy it because it's the best inspiration for great writing. smile

You reckon? Oh well to be fair you are a great writer and I am a learner so maybe you are right....but have my doubts smile

I write happy stuff when I'm sad, often write sad stuff when I'm happy. I'm mixed up enough to be fantastically surprising big_smile

Well isn't that a surprise..ok that was a bit tongue in cheek but I would have thought it very hard to write something happy when sad.

3. sunforged profile image76
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

I liked past seasons of True Blood and have read the entire Stackhouse series.

I thought this season was supremely disappointing, a few high points, but for the most part the pacing was terrible, half the episodes had no arc and nothing occured.

S4 will be easy to come back to, cosnidering all the plot holes and hanging crap from s3

I have not read the novels though intend to,..so the series are/is (can never get that right) not a disappointment to me smile

Is applies to singular, Are apples to plural.

So the correct usage would be 'are', I believe.

yep but what is the plural of series?

Technically series is only available in the plural form but can be used in the singular form. So you would need to decide what form you are talking about the series in. Do you mean series as the whole program or series as four separate seasons?

Fish is another example of a word that can be both singular and plural. Technically 'fishes' is incorrect to my knowledge.

ah ok fishes is a verb not a noun...and think I was talking about serieses plural lol

2. sunforged profile image76
        sunforgedposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Im not saying it was disappointing in relation to the book series, it was disappointing in comparison to strength of the first series and past works by the director/producer.

The books are a bit on the dumb side, like James  Patterson, good stories , not so great writing, lots of cliches, lots of redundancy.

working