jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Media.... Truth or Lies

1. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

Does Media tells truth or lies...

I have seen many cases where media hide the truth.

1. pisean282311 profile image51
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

it is not just media...the history we read , the books...nothing is complete truth...it is mere perception...media is made of bunch of humans who perceive things in certain perceptive and how they view things is how they cover things too...but we are still in best of times to live ,since media atleast covers most news and so we know more truths than our ancestors ever did....

2. Jeff Berndt profile image87
      Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Both.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Obviously they are not going to lie in those harmless news like the Guinness book ones. But they tend to hide facts in many critical matters.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image91
    Jayne Lancerposted 6 years ago

The media dresses up the truth. It tells the truth as we are intended to believe it. The media misleads. The media always tells the 'truth'.

1. profile image0
      khmohsinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

... yes media misleads

3. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

how to check media is telling lie?

4. profile image0
    jerrylposted 6 years ago

Just look up information on who owns the media, and you will get your answers.

Once you find out who owns the media, search for other things they own or invest in. 

Try to figure out what they have to gain by hiding the truth.

That's where the truth resides.

5. maven101 profile image74
    maven101posted 6 years ago

When accessing the daily news feed I always ask the question: Who benefits..? This will usually point to the truth...Larry

1. profile image0
      khmohsinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are right. Who benefits from this all.
      I have seen an incident few days ago with my own eyes, in a textile company, some one poured poisonous thing in drinking water tank of Mill, more than 12 people died and almost 150 were admitted to hospital. Many news channels journalist came there, but the owner of the Mill paid those news channels a high amount and pulled the case out of screen.

Who is responsible... .. we are not getting what we should get, and media is not depicting as it should. I am also a journalist in Federal Union but I really opposes such approaches.

working