jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)

Snow White and the Huntsman

1. Stevennix2001 profile image92
    Stevennix2001posted 6 years ago

In recent news, Viggo Mortensen was cast as the huntsman in the upcoming darker and grittier version of "Snow White."  Allegedly this new film sticks a helluva a lot closer to the original Brothers' Grimm fairy tales to where the Huntsman is still the Mercenary that the Evil Queen hires to kill Snow White.  However, he has a change of heart and lets her go.  Now, in this movie, the Huntsman isn't Snow White's love interest, but he does teach her how to fight and survive in the wilderness.  What are your thoughts on this new darker version of Snow White?  smile

1. Christy Goff profile image59
      Christy Goffposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sounds cool, don't know if I would let my kids see it, but great for my husband and me, if its not to scary, don't want to give my husband nightmares.LOL

Stevennix2001posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Lol.  Well hopefully it won't be too scary then for your husband. wink  lol

1. Christy Goff profile image59
          Christy Goffposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm not kidding, he hates scary movies.  He is such a teddy bear, a 6'2" teddy bear, it cracks me up to watch him watch something that scares him. LOL

lol lol

2. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

sounds cool and viggo is pefect for the part!!! hmmmm viggo as robinhood or gambit

I think he'd make a great Gambit if you ask me.  Besides, that last guy who played him was kind of a wuss.

3. nell79 profile image82
    nell79posted 6 years ago

I'm there! Sounds great. And Viggo sounds like a great choice smile

I agree. I just wonder who they plan to cast as Snow White.  I hope it's Kate Beckinsale. I think she could play the part quite well. smile

1. nell79 profile image82
        nell79posted 6 years agoin reply to this

She'd be a great in that role. Now I can't think of another actress for it LOL

4. Daniel Carter profile image77
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

According to inside rags and commentators, fairy tales are as hot in Hollywood as movies based on comic book characters. Although some of them will be family fare, not all will be. The new Snow White is darker, as mentioned, and also carries with it some of the sexual overtones of the original version. (It's interesting to note that retelling of these fairy tales has been watered down significantly through the ages. Earliest written versions of these stories were actually far more sexual and gory than present day versions. Apparently adults had less concern about frightening children—perhaps to reinforce more dramatically the story's moral.)

I think that the potential of really great story telling is very possible, but I think it's a crap shoot about who is going to tell good stories and make movies of them and who will produce awful stuff.

Disney's "Tangled" is a terrific movie for the most part. The story line and songs are generally all pretty good.

However, since there is so much money being poured into this genre, I think it's possible we could see some really great movie-making.

Here is a link that tells a little more about it:
    http://www.deadline.com/2010/06/fairy-t … now-white/

Thanks Daniel. I appreciate you stopping by and sharing that bit of information for us, as I agree.  Even though I think the superhero genre could die out soon after 2012, I think the fairy tale genre could end up taking it's place. 

By the way guys, apparently Kristen Stewart is being courted to play Snow White.  Some might have heard of her from the "Twilight Series" in her infamous lead role as Bella Swan.

I admit I'm a twilight fan, but I think that'd be a mistake.

really?  why do you say that?

I just don't see her in the role. She's too....I don't know.....rough around the edges? It's hard to explain. But I could be wrong and she could do a great job. I'm just having a hard time imagining it.

Yeah I agree with you there. I think she's more cut out to play like the innocent and sweet girl next door type, but i have a hard time imagining her as a total bad ass. Then again, I could be wrong about that.  I guess we'll have to wait and see if she does get cast or not.  I just know she's the front runner right now.

working