Double Jogging Stroller
Firstly can I just say that if you’re looking for a double jogging stroller then you have my complete admiration? Whether you have twins, or two children of different ages, it is impressive that you still have the energy and desire to keep up a fitness regime. I have two children and it is all I can do to drag myself out of bed in the morning, the idea of going for a run is the last thing on my mind.
I should say, however, that even if you don’t want to go running a double baby jogging stroller is still a great purchase as these models tend to be more light weight than other baby buggies. In this hectic day and age you need all the help you can get, to make your day as easy as possible, and if you can save a bit of energy then all the better.
In this guide I will take you through a few of the things you will want to consider before making your choice and introduce you to some of the most popular manufacturers and their models. Hopefully you will then be equipped with the information you need to choose the right model for you and within a few days you can be whizzing through the park with the wind in your and your children’s hair!
Key considerations for your jogging stroller
Before you start researching the different brands and models out there take a moment to consider these key points so that you have a checklist of the features that will be most important to you.
1. Durability – Obviously you will want your stroller to be strong and sturdy but if you plan on using it extensively on taxing terrain then perhaps you will want to spend a little extra on tough but lightweight materials like an aluminum frame and alloy wheels and hubs
2. Weight – How strapping and fit are you? Compare the weight of different models if you plan to be taking your stroller in and out of a vehicle all the time or if you plan to be jogging long distances. It all adds up over time.
3. Comfort and safety – There’s going to be a lot more vibration and bumping about for your little passengers if you plan to go running with your stroller. Be satisfied that the padding in the seats is adequate and that you have good safety harnesses that will keep your child firmly in place no matter what the terrain.
4. Maneuverability – Jogging strollers typically come with two wheels at the back and one at the front. This front wheel can be fixed or allowed to swivel and some models do both. What kind of circuit will you be jogging and what is the best wheel arrangement for you.
5. Brakes! – How fast are you? Most jogging strollers come with a hand brake on the handle bars similar to a push bike. If you plan at pelting along at speed make sure your model does have this feature and that it is robust
6. Accessories – Again will you just be jogging or do you require special accessories and storage for shopping etc. Do you want umbrellas or sun canopy to protect your kids from the sun? How big does the storage space need to be?
7. Wheel type – Some wheels are air filled and some solid. Your choice will be dependent on the type of terrain you expect to be covering. Think carefully about air filled tyres if you will be traversing tough terrain where punctures may be possible.
8. Baby or toddler – How old is your kids? You don’t need to worry too much about toddlers but if you have a young baby will you need a jogging stroller that allows the seat(s) to tilt back for more horizontal position for your young child?
Now that we know what type of double jogger we’re after let’s look at some of the more popular manufacturers and their models.
Instep double jogging stroller
Instep is a well respected manufacturer of strollers and have a range of double joggers with both fixed and swivel wheels. They are all fairly lightweight, between 32 and 38 pounds and are competitively priced, ranging from around $180 to $360. Some can take a load of up to 100lbs while others are suited to no more than 50lbs. They all have a fairly sporty look to them and are intended for the serious jogger.
Bob double jogging stroller
Bob strollers are very cool and have a price tag to match. In a great range of colors and designs prices start at around $430 and shot up to $570 for the Revolution Duallie Stroller, so definitely a choice for those with a decent budget. They are all very lightweight at around 32lbs. There are plenty of accessories to add on if you wish and have the money.
Baby Trend double jogging stroller
Baby Trend has one model in four varieties. The Discovery is light weight at 32.5 lbs and very well priced at just under $200. This is a great choice for those on a budget and is a robust and safe piece of kit with 5 point harnesses. I love the fact that this model has a MP3 hook up so you can play music for yourself and the kids on the go. With plenty of storage this seems the best all round model.
Schwinn double jogging stroller
Schwinn, most noted for their bikes, produce both a fixed wheel and swivel wheel models and are, like Instep, competitively priced ranging between $280 and $450. With their experience in the world of bike manufacturer you have to think they know what they’re doing when it comes to wheeled vehicles. There’s not a lot to choose between Schwinn and Instep although the former possibly has the design edge.
I hope you’re now ready to choose the right baby double jogging stroller. Happy running!
Other Stroller Links
- Double Pushchairs
With double pushchairs, you are putting yourself in a position to really be efficient while taking the kids for a walk. You can stroll them on through downtown or the neighborhood and they will rather enjoy...
- Double Pushchair
Double Pushchair Quiz. How well do you know your double pushchairs? Unless you have an enormous family probably not very well. The chances are you are struggling to find the best double pushchair for your...
- Mclaren Stroller
Ive recently been researching all things strollers and thought it would be interesting to write a hub looking in more depth at one particular brand that I particularly like, the Maclaren stroller....
- Lightweight Baby Stroller
What really are lightweight strollers? Ok, how hard can it be? Youre looking for lightweight strollers so thats pretty specific right? Just type in your search to Google and youre going to come up...
- Triple Jogging Stroller
Ok, well if you're reading this I would just like to ask a couple of questions... OH MY GOD what have you gone and done!? Three babies, what were you thinking? Are you excited or petrified? Finding a triple...